Reporting for a Second Shift in One Day

Hello Everyone,
So, I am a local sort worker/cover driver, but this morning I had to shuttle air around 3:00 am to 7:00 am. My question is, if my local sort supervisor gives me a start time later today, do I have to report even though I have already worked earlier?

tadpole

What is your job title? What was your scheduled start time? Where are you located? There are different rules around the country depending on where you are. Simplest way is ask your shop steward.

Double shifting is voluntary, and if you choose to do so, you still must report to your normal shift.

I’m the east, reg-temps only work the local sort if they didn’t drive that day.

Last edited:
What is your job title? What was your scheduled start time? Where are you located? There are different rules around the country depending on where you are. Simplest way is ask your shop steward.

Double shifting is voluntary, and if you choose to do so, you still must report to your normal shift.

I’m the east, reg-temps only work the local sort if they didn’t drive that day.
I am a cover driver but when I don’t drive I work local sort. I’m also east. I was told Tuesday that I would be going to the airport so be at the hub at 3:25am. I showed up and ran to the airport but I’m awaiting a text from my local sort supervisor to give me a start time for tonight and wasn’t sure if I was required to work local since they already made me report once.

tadpole

I’m thinking you are not obligated to report since you were scheduled to drive that day. But I can’t promise I’m right. Ask your steward.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Hello Everyone,
So, I am a local sort worker/cover driver, but this morning I had to shuttle air around 3:00 am to 7:00 am. My question is, if my local sort supervisor gives me a start time later today, do I have to report even though I have already worked earlier?
God forbid you work a little extra one day. :censored2:ing millenials

Also, to anyone else who reads this post, my hub doesn’t have a schedule made for local sort. He text everyone everyday. It’s in the contract to have a schedule.