Retirement Questions

Shiftless

Probably not.

Altho you may retire as a teamster (u r a teamster?) each Teamster regions retirement plans are run differently.

In my region when I retired it was not an option. What ever your married status is when you retire and how you opt to take the plan is final.

I have a relative who worked for the USPS. He was divorced at the time of retirement. Got married after retirement and added her and to be his successor when he dies. So then he collects less money per month but she is covered if he dies for her life. 2 years later he is divorced and is able to BUY back his marriage time??? Puts him right back at pay if he were single retired. This is a strategic financial move based on life expectancy.

oldngray

nowhere special
I think maybe he's talking about having about a survival benefit for his spouse.
When you retire you choose to take a smaller amount and include survivor benefits for a spouse or take more without a spouse. You can't later change it so my guess is if you later get married your spouse won't get survivor benefits.

When you retire you choose to take a smaller amount and include survivor benefits for a spouse or take more without a spouse. You can't later change it so my guess is if you later get married your spouse won't get survivor benefits.
I know that but I don't think the person that posted that knew that.
I've seen far too many retirement threads posted here where nobody has done their homework.

You need to start retiring planning earlier in a day that you are planning on retiring.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Might have trouble adding her to your insurance. A driver who was a widower married after retirement and the local refused to add her.
Not sure how that ended up.

rod

Retired 22 years
245100116_10159663863449222_3936485163758790047_n.jpg