Road test for a cover driver position coming up next Tuesday I don’t how to drive a stick shift

rod

Retired 22 years
don’t listen to these old grumps , when they drove a stick they had 30 stops and all day to do it.
🧔‍♂️✊
But we also didn't have cell phones or a back up camera or a magic box that told us where our next stop was - how many packages you had for it and directions on how to get to it. We also drove old POS trucks with high steps no power steering and manual transmissions. With all the advance tech stuff you guys have now you should be doing TWICE the stops they are giving you.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
But we also didn't have cell phones or a back up camera or a magic box that told us where our next stop was - how many packages you had for it and directions on how to get to it. We also drove old POS trucks with high steps no power steering and manual transmissions. With all the advance tech stuff you guys have now you should be doing TWICE the stops they are giving you.
Lazy bastards

Hot Carl

200ish trucks in our fleet and we have a grand total of one manual left and they won’t use it if they can avoid it. The POS leans so hard to one side I’m shocked they haven’t crushed it yet. They dropped that requirement for rookie drivers a while ago anyway.

DOK

200ish trucks in our fleet and we have a grand total of one manual left and they won’t use it if they can avoid it. The POS leans so hard to one side I’m shocked they haven’t crushed it yet. They dropped that requirement for rookie drivers a while ago anyway.
We were quite surprised when the first power steering package car arrived at our center, now look where we are 25 years or so later, automatics, fans etc

Red Devil

The Power of Connected

They would give us more but they physically can’t fit them in the trucks 🤣