Roger Waters/Pink Floyd

raceanoncr

Went to see former bassist with Pink Floyd, Roger Waters, last night. Excellent show! BUT, you better have a grip on your anti-war, anti-poverty, anti-establishment mentality.

Nice theatrics, great hired musicians and great production. Entire show was almost all THE WALL, even building giant wall before intermission, then tearing it down at last song.

Had hired singer for Gimour's voice and hired guitarist for Gilmour's playing. Both sounded right off album.

Little bit freaky after intermission but good production in all.

At least Waters didn't spit on anybody this time.

wkmac

Went to see former bassist with Pink Floyd, Roger Waters, last night. Excellent show! BUT, you better have a grip on your anti-war, anti-poverty, anti-establishment mentality.

Nice theatrics, great hired musicians and great production. Entire show was almost all THE WALL, even building giant wall before intermission, then tearing it down at last song.

Had hired singer for Gimour's voice and hired guitarist for Gilmour's playing. Both sounded right off album.

Little bit freaky after intermission but good production in all.

At least Waters didn't spit on anybody this time.

Going to see Roger Waters myself tomorrow night in Atlanta. Suite Tix and VIP parking thanks to my daughter's music biz connections. Never seen Roger without Floyd so this will be different for sure.

wkmac

wkmac, how'd you like the show?

Enjoyed it very much. You pretty much described the show but a few highlights for me was the video during Vera. Watching those kids run up and embrace their fathers coming home from Iraq/Afghanistan just chokes you up. Being a father of 4 myself, it just hits home. And of course how can I not mention what so many consider the alltime greatest guitar solo ever played in Comfortably Numb. As Robbie Wyckoff closed out the chorus, I heard the lead channel krankup and then Dave Kilminster nails that most famous guitar solo. Damn, it sounded so good.

No argument the contemporary nature of the video/animated images were strongly political in nature but it's Roger Waters so you know that's coming with it. That message was there from Darkside of the Moon onward so it is what it is. But all around I was very impressed with the whole thing and if one can afford it, it's well worth seeing if you like Pink Floyd.

I saw Floyd in 72'. 73' and 75' but since then I've not seen them. I've always been a bigger fan of the pre-Darkside era especially Atomheart Mother, Echoes and Obscured by Clouds but I have to say I'm very thankful that the stars lined up and my wife and I got to go see this. We kinda chuckled in that our 2nd date in 75' was to see Pink Floyd touring for Wish You Were Here so there was a kinda memory lane feel to the evening!