Rolled ankle first 30 days Temp driving “On Topic”

CanOSup

One of them
You mean wait and disqualify you from Workmans Comp?
I have a week I believe. If no improvement by then, I’ll file accident report.

Technically you have to report immediately and a report needs to be filed within 24 hours by the management team. If you think waiting a week, then causing a late report will make your manager happy you have another thing coming. Report the injury, they will come up with a reason to DQ you anyways as you have already talked to center manager about it.

PeakMode

Arrive Peak Leave
If it was me, I would ice it, numb it down, and wrap it up and wrassle that PC like an elephant in a phone booth. But some aren't bout that life.

Whatever you decided to do, own it with no regrets.

DOK

If it was me, I would ice it, numb it down, and wrap it up and wrassle that PC like an elephant in a phone booth. But some aren't bout that life.

I’d do the same, ask for a day or two off, rest, ice, ibuprofen. By Monday you might be able to walk on it. I sprained an ankle real bad in January and still felt it in June. It isn’t going to go away quickly that’s for sure.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I am so lucky my own sprain took just two days to get the swelling down, now I can only feel traces of it. Perks of being young I suppose.

Can't wait to know how my ankles feel after 30 years here.

Siveriano

i once hit the back of my neck while i was delivering to a basement, i did a wrong calculation when going up the stairs to the street level and hit it.
sent a diad message about it and then my manager showed up and asked me if i was ok, i told him " im not a medic but its not painful, still i want it to be on the record just in case i cant move my head a week from now because of it"

Safebychoice

I sprained an ankle in late June and when I called my supervisor to tell him he said “It’s up to you if you want to report it, but if you do, there’s going to be a major target on your back and you would have to live with letting the whole center down” needless to say I didn’t report it.

squirting is 10% pee

working to pay the US Govt 400m in backtaxes
I faithfully use the 3points but walking across nicely cut yard and my foot somehow found a small hole WITH a 40lb weight in my arms. no report no days off, only asprin ice heat tiger balm and cognac!

M

MenInBrown

I haven’t seen any driver get DQ over an injury, but like other posters have said, if they don’t want you, they will DQ you anyways.

Oceanview

I sprained an ankle in late June and when I called my supervisor to tell him he said “It’s up to you if you want to report it, but if you do, there’s going to be a major target on your back and you would have to live with letting the whole center down” needless to say I didn’t report it.

Fool i woud have been like the center let’s me down every day.. why not protect yourself? What’s a target on ones back as long as you follow methods??

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
If you can’t power thru it....report the injury immediately. Dealing with WC is a big enough pain in the ass without your management team fuming that it took you a week to report an injury.

ColdHarvest

It isn't rocket science.

I twisted my ankle, bad, the day before graduation from BAC.

Keep in mind, I was a Marine, and unlike the Army, it is like winning the lottery to get to attend

Second I got my lead wings, went to sick call and turned out it was broken.

Was I a badass? No. Was I stupid as hell? Yes.

Did I play the system? Yup.

Suck it up while qualifying, and then cry like a little girl and get those bennies.

Indecisi0n

It isn't rocket science.

I twisted my ankle, bad, the day before graduation from BAC.

Keep in mind, I was a Marine, and unlike the Army, it is like winning the lottery to get to attend

Second I got my lead wings, went to sick call and turned out it was broken.

Was I a badass? No. Was I stupid as hell? Yes.

Did I play the system? Yup.

Suck it up while qualifying, and then cry like a little girl and get those bennies.
Hoorah?