ron paul.

wkmac

Well, unfortunately Ron Paul's racist rants have been captured on video and there is no denying them at this point.

And just before this story of Paul's racism broke public (that's ignoring it came up in 2008' too) this poll's results shows the minority community is onto Paul and on election day would treat Paul accordingly for it. Could the results of the poll itself have anything to do with the timing? Some people are still willing to look at an entire body of work rather than just 5 minutes to make a judgement.

And I too must admit my own vile racism because I completely agree with Paul when it comes to judging groups as collectives when we should judge all people on an individual basis. That said, in general on a political level, I agree with what David Kramer sez here over at LewRockwell. Where David trips up is falling into the old collective habit of group classification and it's so damn easy to do too. But Paul is 100% right in condemning it. Oddly enough David, Gary Chartier and myself over the last few days have been discussing the issue of Ron Paul and those old newsletters after Gary published the following on it.

As to another point on which Paul spoke of our prison culture, why do we have 1st class prisons but low class schools? Low class schools I might add that have been run by the Federal gov't since the Carter administration if not before.

moreluck

golden ticket member
6901kw.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
December 27, 2011 @ 11:27 am | Ron Paul: “I Wouldn’t Have Risked American Lives” To End The Holocaust…
Yikes.
Via Big Government:
On the evening of Sept. 16, 2009, I was invited to a function for Rand Paul’s U.S. Senate campaign at the headquarters of Americans for Tax Reform.

I had been invited by a friend of mine via Facebook who was a passionate supporter of Ron Paul. Within minutes of arriving, I saw Rep. Paul enter the room, followed by an entourage of several college students.

I immediately walked up to Paul and introduced myself, and Paul smiled at me and shook my hand. I told him that I had always wanted to ask him a question, and that it was a hypothetical question, but I would appreciate his answer nonetheless. Paul smiled, and welcomed the question. At this point there were about 15 people surrounding us, listening.

And so I asked Congressman Paul: if he were President of the United States during World War II, and as president he knew what we now know about the Holocaust, but the Third Reich presented no threat to the U.S., would he have sent American troops to Nazi Germany purely as a moral imperative to save the Jews?”

And the Congressman answered:
“No, I wouldn’t. I wouldn’t risk American lives to do that. If someone wants to do that on their own because they want to do that, well, that’s fine, but I wouldn’t do that.”

Paul then looked at me, and I politely thanked him for his time. He smiled at me again and nodded his head, and many of his young followers were also smiling, and nodding their heads in agreement. Clearly, I was the only one in the room who was disturbed by his response.

When I first presented the story of Paul’s comments about the Holocaust to major news media outlets two years ago, they were so stunned they were afraid to publish my story, and as a result it has remained unpublished until now.

av8torntn

I think most people, at least in theory, agree with the foreign policy stance of Ron Paul. It's hard to argue that our military is not bloated or in far too many nations. It's also difficult to argue that there is no "blowback" from those subversive operations. There is also no doubt that a large military add to our national debt. The problem, I think, most have difficulty coming to terms with is his view or implication that everyone will suddenly leave us alone if we leave them alone. In a way those first dominos have been knocked down.

wkmac

I think most people, at least in theory, agree with the foreign policy stance of Ron Paul. It's hard to argue that our military is not bloated or in far too many nations. It's also difficult to argue that there is no "blowback" from those subversive operations. There is also no doubt that a large military add to our national debt. The problem, I think, most have difficulty coming to terms with is his view or implication that everyone will suddenly leave us alone if we leave them alone. In a way those first dominos have been knocked down.

As to the last part of your comments, that view is quite popular these days. But consider this, the present course of our foreign policy seems to be already achieving the outcome of which you are so concerned and the added insult is the economic damage inflicted on Americans, both current and future. In the case of Iran for example which seems to be the hot topic of the day, it's was our foreign interventionism in the first place that even began the nuclear process for Iran. Using root cause failure analysis, what was the root cause of Iran's entry into the world of nuclear nationstate? And let's just ignore how we play both sides in a religious power conflict. Should I remind that 15 of the 19 hijackers.......never mind, everyone just pretends that's not an issue so why bother!

Now the question bodes, if we end all the foreign interventionism, might the created boogeymen that we think hide under our beds disappear? AV, if one wants power and control, would it not be in one's best interest to use fear as the weapon of choice? If no boogeyman exists to fear, would this not require the creation of one so then exploitation for power and control could begin?

So how does one create a boogeyman to begin with?

Catatonic

Nine Lives

I always wondered who Glen Beck was ... now I know.

I recognized him but I usually have the sound off on the TV.

Never heard of "blowback" before either ... but I have heard of "unintended consequences" and seen it many, many, many times.

This is a very well done patriotic Ron Paul commercial ... not that anything is wrong with that.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
December 27, 2011 @ 11:27 am | Ron Paul: “I Wouldn’t Have Risked American Lives” To End The Holocaust…

Yikes.
Via Big Government:
On the evening of Sept. 16, 2009, I was invited to a function for Rand Paul’s U.S. Senate campaign at the headquarters of Americans for Tax Reform.

I had been invited by a friend of mine via Facebook who was a passionate supporter of Ron Paul. Within minutes of arriving, I saw Rep. Paul enter the room, followed by an entourage of several college students.

I immediately walked up to Paul and introduced myself, and Paul smiled at me and shook my hand. I told him that I had always wanted to ask him a question, and that it was a hypothetical question, but I would appreciate his answer nonetheless. Paul smiled, and welcomed the question. At this point there were about 15 people surrounding us, listening.

And so I asked Congressman Paul: if he were President of the United States during World War II, and as president he knew what we now know about the Holocaust, but the Third Reich presented no threat to the U.S., would he have sent American troops to Nazi Germany purely as a moral imperative to save the Jews?”

And the Congressman answered:
“No, I wouldn’t. I wouldn’t risk American lives to do that. If someone wants to do that on their own because they want to do that, well, that’s fine, but I wouldn’t do that.”

Paul then looked at me, and I politely thanked him for his time. He smiled at me again and nodded his head, and many of his young followers were also smiling, and nodding their heads in agreement. Clearly, I was the only one in the room who was disturbed by his response.

When I first presented the story of Paul’s comments about the Holocaust to major news media outlets two years ago, they were so stunned they were afraid to publish my story, and as a result it has remained unpublished until now.

HEY Supergenious... maybe a little something you didnt know ( and i am sure you didnt) prior to WWII, it was the REPUBLICANS WHO WANTED TO STAY OUT OF EUROPES BUSINESS and NOT ENTER THE WAR.

Ron Paul is speaking as a true conservative at the time.

Only in todays political arena has the republican party become the war party.

Do your homework.

Peace.

klein

Für Meno :)
As far as I know and remember in history, both World Wars the USA satyed out of, until 2 years later.
WWI as Germany sunk too many civilian US ships - then war was declared.

WWII, only after Pearl Habour was attacked.

But, anyways, - it's great Americans are taking full credits for fighting and winning those wars, and many others that followed.

P

pickup

As far as I know and remember in history, both World Wars the USA satyed out of, until 2 years later.
WWI as Germany sunk too many civilian US ships - then war was declared.

WWII, only after Pearl Habour was attacked.

But, anyways, - it's great Americans are taking full credits for fighting and winning those wars, and many others that followed.

America entered it willingly, Canada had no choice but to take orders from the Queen of England.

klein

America entered it willingly, Canada had no choice but to take orders from the Queen of England.

I believe it was King George back then (we still have the odd old coins circulating around).
But, even in those days England , Canada, Austrailia, NZ had their own parlaments, and Prime Ministers.
Who can forget Winston Churchill ?
Our Edmonton downtown square infront of City Hall is called Sir Winston Churchill Square !

av8torntn

As to the last part of your comments, that view is quite popular these days. But consider this, the present course of our foreign policy seems to be already achieving the outcome of which you are so concerned and the added insult is the economic damage inflicted on Americans, both current and future. In the case of Iran for example which seems to be the hot topic of the day, it's was our foreign interventionism in the first place that even began the nuclear process for Iran. Using root cause failure analysis, what was the root cause of Iran's entry into the world of nuclear nationstate? And let's just ignore how we play both sides in a religious power conflict. Should I remind that 15 of the 19 hijackers.......never mind, everyone just pretends that's not an issue so why bother!

Let's say all of that is true and they hate us so much because of our previous actions that they will kill us anywhere we are. This is where we are now. You have still offered no reason that they will just stop if we start to play nice. Like it or not to get elected President you have to appeal to the masses. Like it or not we have made enemies. Government has been selling war for so long that before you can appeal to the general public you need more than "trust me" to get elected. In my opinion for Paul to become a viable candidate in the primaries once they hit the southern states he needs to address this head on. I think he can do well with his domestic policies but until he learns to sell his foreign policy to the masses he will have trouble. Just my opinion and no political science experience to back it up.

P

pickup

Nice Job Canada in entering the Boer War, under orders of England. I suppose the blood of genocide doesn't matter if one is following orders.

klein

We don't join any war because of the UK !
UK went into Iraq - we sure didn't !
They fought Argentina over the Falkland Islands - we sure didn't !

But we were there when really needed as in WWI and WWII from day 1 !

P

pickup

We don't join any war because of the UK !
UK went into Iraq - we sure didn't !
They fought Argentina over the Falkland Islands - we sure didn't !

But we were there when really needed as in WWI and WWII from day 1 !

and the Boer War, don't forget that one. What was going on in Africa must have really been threatening to Canada.