RtW / voting question

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
How about paying money every time you file a grievance?

That costs the union money.

No free grievance forms are printed out
There must be legal and sneaky ways? I wonder if you could raise Teamcare deductible but discount it for union members so union members pay nothing extra?

There must be legal and sneaky ways? I wonder if you could raise Teamcare deductible but discount it for union members so union members pay nothing extra?
I don't know

But it's definitely not right to work in the union shop and not pay union dues.
If it's a college kid here working for the summer no big deal

But if you want to make us a career then you should pay like everyone else does

How about union members get a $2 raise and non-union members get $0.10

Maybe that would make him sign up for the Union

Wally

I don't know

But it's definitely not right to work in the union shop and not pay union dues.
If it's a college kid here working for the summer no big deal

But if you want to make us a career then you should pay like everyone else does

How about union members get a $2 raise and non-union members get $0.10

Maybe that would make him sign up for the Union
Has to feel pain. Get the lawyers on it.

Its_a_me

False. Republicans in Congress (and across state houses via copycat RTW legislation) made it illegal to charge any fee or due in a RTW state for any CBA contract union on a non-member. Otherwise they have to charge the same fee and due on all members beyond their monthly dues. Legislative pacts that supported Trump were big pushers of this--as they were funded by big business and executives. The only difference is voting. Non-union member can even show up at a hall and make their voices heard regarding contract business.

Don't like it...don't vote Republican.

Wally

False. Republicans in Congress (and across state houses via copycat RTW legislation) made it illegal to charge any fee or due in a RTW state for any CBA contract union on a non-member. Otherwise they have to charge the same fee and due on all members beyond their monthly dues. Legislative pacts that supported Trump were big pushers of this--as they were funded by big business and executives. The only difference is voting. Non-union member can even show up at a hall and make their voices heard regarding contract business.

Don't like it...don't vote Republican.
What if the fee was discounted for members?

Its_a_me

Dems had complete control of DC, did nothing about it either.
State by state legislation from state legislatures that are controlled by Republicans in most states. Those legislatures copy and paste from the national party.

No one in DC can fix RTW states. Has to be done at the state level.

Wally

State by state legislation from state legislatures that are controlled by Republicans in most states. Those legislatures copy and paste from the national party.

No one in DC can fix RTW states. Has to be done at the state level.
Pass federal law

Its_a_me

The got Obamacare passed.

Truth is Dems don't care about labor.
Obamacare passed as a budget reconciliation act--which means it avoids filibuster rules and can be 50-50 vote with the president of the Senate (the VP) breaking the tie.

RTW legislation would not be a reconciliation act.

Do you not understand how government laws are made? They need to teach civics better in public high schools.

Its_a_me

Did they even try? Nope.

Biden gets union jobs eliminated first thing.
If you are affiliated with either party you are the sheep they want.
george-carlin-voting.jpeg