rumor UPS Freight dissolving??

REID80

I've heard a rumor that Jan 1 UPS may announce that it is dissolving UPS Freight and transferring drivers to the small package system to cover the massive eligible retirees in 2020. Anyone else heard this??

A few things that align with this... Uniforms have not been available since September. Is this the case elsewhere?

Nobody in our district has gotten any UPS calendars. Thoughts are that the exclude photos of Freight...letting the cat out of the bag.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
I've heard a rumor that Jan 1 UPS may announce that it is dissolving UPS Freight and transferring drivers to the small package system to cover the massive eligible retirees in 2020. Anyone else heard this??

A few things that align with this... Uniforms have not been available since September. Is this the case elsewhere?

Nobody in our district has gotten any UPS calendars. Thoughts are that the exclude photos of Freight...letting the cat out of the bag.
I heard they are selling off the division to Amazon

Butt In The Chair

What you talk'n bout Willis?
The reason uniforms haven't been available for some time is that they are going to change us to the new uniforms small pack wears. Since there has been no inquiry as to the sizes I (or anyone else at my terminal) wear, my guess is that they are going to get them from the history of the size you ordered last.

You can Google "UPS Uniforms" to see the new design

DblsTrpls

Question- heading to my interview tomorrow with my local UPS Freight location. Interview is for a FT Dock w/CDL. Anyone in Michigan, or Midwest, have an idea on starting wages? I know it’s tiered, just wondering what it is currently. Basically a P&D Driver with a dock start time.

silenze

Question- heading to my interview tomorrow with my local UPS Freight location. Interview is for a FT Dock w/CDL. Anyone in Michigan, or Midwest, have an idea on starting wages? I know it’s tiered, just wondering what it is currently. Basically a P&D Driver with a dock start time.
Freight is way down. Terrible raises. Dead end job.
Consider relocating for a ups small package tractor trailer driver

DblsTrpls

Yea, but that’s partially due to the pandemic, right? I know they make less than the package guys, just wondering what the entry wages are.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Yea, but that’s partially due to the pandemic, right? I know they make less than the package guys, just wondering what the entry wages are.
Im not exactly sure, but ive heard most dont make enough to have internet or even a data plan for their phone. Prob why no frieght driver has answered your question..

DblsTrpls

Yea, so, went to the interview, and felt terrible because it’s one of my old rugby comrades who is the center manager...he told me $17.70/hr, and it was all I could do to not get up and leave right then and there. Granted, top pay is really great, but, I’d lose my house on those entry wages. I’ll keep looking at small pack. Thanks, drivers, be safe out there.

yugepackage

Brotha I just made it to the 4 year mark at ups freight. I've had a bid for the last 2 years and I've legit been able to work every single weekend. I can easily I mean easily get 60-70 hours a week and bring make 2200-2400 a week and I don't even have a mileage run. If I had a mileage run I could get up in the $2700-2900 a week mark. Now I know small pack does get paid better... But the question is how much more are they making than me with drivers that put in the kind of time I have?????? I doubt it's that much better......
Also let's make this very clear yes road drivers do work the dock.... Small pack can't work the dock even if they wanted to so what do you think is better?? More work or less work???? Ups freight we have seniority not only on the road board but incase of lay off we don't get laid off we can go straight to the gosh darn dock!!!!
If you come here and you're in shape, no health problems and you don't require a sleep apnea machine that will affect your hustle then let me tell you!!!! You will out work all these out of shape drivers and make more than them!

yugepackage

About 50% of drivers suffer from high bmi, high blood pressure, insulin resistance based off of current stats.. so regardless where you go you'll move up pretty quickly, but I'd join freight before joining a board with 1,000+ drivers and then when another pandemic hits you're laid off for 2 years and then able to be discharged by the terms of the contract

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Brotha I just made it to the 4 year mark at ups freight. I've had a bid for the last 2 years and I've legit been able to work every single weekend. I can easily I mean easily get 60-70 hours a week and bring make 2200-2400 a week and I don't even have a mileage run. If I had a mileage run I could get up in the $2700-2900 a week mark. Now I know small pack does get paid better... But the question is how much more are they making than me with drivers that put in the kind of time I have?????? I doubt it's that much better......
Also let's make this very clear yes road drivers do work the dock.... Small pack can't work the dock even if they wanted to so what do you think is better?? More work or less work???? Ups freight we have seniority not only on the road board but incase of lay off we don't get laid off we can go straight to the gosh darn dock!!!!
If you come here and you're in shape, no health problems and you don't require a sleep apnea machine that will affect your hustle then let me tell you!!!! You will out work all these out of shape drivers and make more than them!

How much you boys paying for insurance?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
About 50% of drivers suffer from high bmi, high blood pressure, insulin resistance based off of current stats.. so regardless where you go you'll move up pretty quickly, but I'd join freight before joining a board with 1,000+ drivers and then when another pandemic hits you're laid off for 2 years and then able to be discharged by the terms of the contract

Not really how it works but carry on

Rown1986

I have a chance at both ups sleepers and road driver for upsf not sure which to pick..is sleeper team same local as feeders? I wouldn't want to do sleepers until I'm 50yrs old...

silenze

I have a chance at both ups sleepers and road driver for upsf not sure which to pick..is sleeper team same local as feeders? I wouldn't want to do sleepers until I'm 50yrs old...
I would not work at freight. Work at small package