safe driving

browniehound

I got stuck last week in a snowstorm and wasn't charged. I think it depends on the conditions.

I mean, come on! We're out there in blizzards delivering our customer's packages and we get stuck trying to make service on our customer's packages and now its the driver's fault he (or she) got stuck on a street with a foot of snow on it?

If that's not an injustice, than I don't know what is. Please explain a greater one.:mad:

rockymtnupser

rockymtnupser
Getting stuck is a accident is one of the most idiotic ups policies yet. We have guys in our center paying their own tow bills in order to keep their safe driving. All for a 60 dollar hunk of crap from the catalogue. These policies were put in place by bean counters and managers that have never driven a full route a day in their lives.

wornoutupser

I got stuck last week in a snowstorm and wasn't charged. I think it depends on the conditions.

I mean, come on! We're out there in blizzards delivering our customer's packages and we get stuck trying to make service on our customer's packages and now its the driver's fault he (or she) got stuck on a street with a foot of snow on it?

If that's not an injustice, than I don't know what is. Please explain a greater one.:mad:

We were charged for stucks for 2 years after the great Central Florida floods. The hurricanes and additional rain put many areas under water for a long time. I was wearing boots and walking in many spots to prevent being stuck in the mud.
Also, it dried out for a while around here and the sand got bad again. We were then hit for being stuck in sand where we were stuck in mud previously. You just cant win in this area!

quocko

in our center if you have to get towed out it's an accident. but if the shop boys come out and get you out with chains or whatever else it won't count.

over9five

Staff member
"in our center if you have to get towed out it's an accident. but if the shop boys come out and get you out with chains or whatever else it won't count."

That's a crock.