Sales up, hiring stagnant.

kingOFchester

"United Parcel Service expects its holiday shipments to jump by 9.8% this year.".................."UPS said it will hire 55,000 seasonal workers in the United States to handle the increased shipments, about the same number it hired last year."

UPS: Holiday shipments to rise 9.8% - Oct. 30, 2012

To add:

"Black Friday online sales already up 13%"

Black Friday Online Sales Already Up 13 Percent; 15 Percent Purchases Made From Mobile Phones | TechCrunch

OT will be rolling in this peak. Smiles will be abound at the Castle this year!

ncamara

"United Parcel Service expects its holiday shipments to jump by 9.8% this year.".................."UPS said it will hire 55,000 seasonal workers in the United States to handle the increased shipments, about the same number it hired last year."
So if there is a 9.8% jump in volume over last year, then why not hire more than the 55,000 seasonal workers to compensate? It's not like we had workers standing around with nothing to do...

kingOFchester

That was my point. Crazy because we had a rough peak last year so I could only imagine what this year will be like with 10% more packages. We had trips sitting last year and rolling trailers over as it was last year

barnyard

KTM rider
Supposedly, every route and base route will be in Monday in my center. I'll believe when I see it.

I am believing it for Monday. Just took my daughter to the airport to go back to school. Went by the center and there are 6 trailers parked and 3 on doors. Non peak weekend, there might be 2 on doors and 2 in the lot.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Supposedly, every route and base route will be in Monday in my center. I'll believe when I see it.

we were told the same at our center Friday.We were even told to be prepared to work 830am to 1030pm Wednesday as the forecast showed volume up 14% from that day last year:happy-very:

cino321

What's good for UPS is good for us guys, let's not forget the hand that feeds us, as greedy as it may be. At the end of the day we want UPS to do well.