Sarah Palin at Tea party convention...cheating!

island1fox

To talk about President Obama miss-pronouncing a word or Sarah Palin with a few reminders on her palm ????? Our discussions are usually alot better than this dopey stuff ? With all the problems we are facing this just sounds a little silly.
Sorry I am the first to say a little fun or humour is good ---but from some of the great discussions many of you have added to ----this is just dopey.
We hate when the politicians and press make big deals over nothing --but have we stumbled into the same sandbox. ? :sad-little:

tieguy

Banned
We hate when the politicians and press make big deals over nothing --but have we stumbled into the same sandbox. ? :sad-little:

It is amazing that this common tactic of setting reminders got such CIA style scrutiny and got played up as it did. Think how closely the press had to watch her to see the writing on her hand. Look at the camera work and video editing required to clarify those notes so they could be read. Palin is interesting. The republican party leadership does not want to committ to her as a candidate meanwhile its clear the democratic leadership and liberal media is scared to death of her.

av8torntn

....does anybody truly believe Sarah Palin can handle a question and answer interrogation and is capable of delving into actual policies in detail and debate them...

I think she can do as well as this guy without a teleprompter but he sets the bar kinda low.

[video=youtube;cxxxGUeZtno]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxxxGUeZtno[/video]

cause we keep having to ask ourselves if this guy is better with a teleprompter or without one

[video=youtube;dlkK65y_-T4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlkK65y_-T4[/video]

wkmac

Meghan McCain speaks out on the Tea Party.

At least she's true to what republicans really are contrary to BS claims often made otherwise e.g. limited gov't, fiscal responsible. Hey Meghan, read your party history because it was your party taking over from the Whigs that launched the progressive movement in America to begin with so to say a word for Old School repubs to embrace progressivism, they are just doing like their famous leader Reagan and just resorting to pure acting in order to hide the truth!

Don't worry sweetie, all is well.

diesel96

I think she can do as well as this guy without a teleprompter but he sets the bar kinda low.

cause we keep having to ask ourselves if this guy is better with a teleprompter or without one

AV8, Are you seriously contending Palin can go into the Democrat's "Lions Den" on live TV, and walk out unscathed....She can't even walk into a warm crowd and hit friendly slowpitch softball questions without her striking out.......but congrats on finding 2 gaffs out of miles of speaking engagements of Obama's past. BTW, in that first video, Is the audio added onto the picture? Is the audio clipped together from several soundclips?

Island, besides her questionable attacks and mis-information, when Palin goes on the attack in her Tea Party speech about a guy and his teleprompter, then proceeds to refer to her palm during Q and A, it may be much ado about nothing to you, but isn't there an inkling of hypocracy unfolding right under your nose ?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Im still trying to grasp miles of speaking with few gaffs. Guess its all in who you love.
BTW I write on my hands all the time, its always there I wont lose it, I dont think that is bad, but.....I guess some do. Oh well, there are bigger things to worry about.

av8torntn

AV8, Are you seriously contending Palin can go into the Democrat's "Lions Den" on live TV, and walk out unscathed....

Actually Obama went to the convention, got called out for being a liar and had no real response. I think Palin could easily rise to that standard.

Here's another for you. POTUS having trouble with TOTUS.

[video=youtube;GeJsyoKIabY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeJsyoKIabY[/video]

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
AV8,

No matter how many clips you can try to find, you will never SURPASS the biggest in american politics at the podium.

Here he is, in case you have a short memory.
[video=youtube;JkLqDeGqZ6g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkLqDeGqZ6g[/video]

:slap:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Uh ahh, mmm, I auh, ah mmm, guess you have , a uhh, hmmm, ahhh point somewhere, there uha, hmm ,ahhh
Nothing beats the hmm, ahhs and ah aha ha, of Obama sorry. 60 minutes to hear a 15 minute spot of an Obama announcement. He has his own channel doesnt he, how much dead air does that equal?

island1fox

AV8, Are you seriously contending Palin can go into the Democrat's "Lions Den" on live TV, and walk out unscathed....She can't even walk into a warm crowd and hit friendly slowpitch softball questions without her striking out.......but congrats on finding 2 gaffs out of miles of speaking engagements of Obama's past. BTW, in that first video, Is the audio added onto the picture? Is the audio clipped together from several soundclips?

Island, besides her questionable attacks and mis-information, when Palin goes on the attack in her Tea Party speech about a guy and his teleprompter, then proceeds to refer to her palm during Q and A, it may be much ado about nothing to you, but isn't there an inkling of hypocracy unfolding right under your nose ?

diesel, I am a little surprised . I said nothing about a teleprompter ----as an independent--which you always question --I simply said that the President's mispronounced word --or a few notes on Palin's hand --is no big deal.
You are obviously too dug in to your left position to understand that.
As long as you mentioned the teleprompter --I personally would not use it for EVERY speech.
During my career had many opportunities to speak publically concerning UPS in many different forums. Used 3x5 card to give me "memorie" jogs --but much preferred to look into the eyes of my audience with the true and honest demonstration --that I not only knew --but believed in what I was saying.
If you do not believe that our current President over uses the teleprompter --it is again due to your "dug" in position.
From my position --I believe I see things much clearer --can honestly say that writing notes on ones hand --also does not give me a feeling of confidence --3x5 with key words --to me acceptable ---100% teleprompter --too phony --Not asking you to agree --just the way I see it !!:wink2:

diesel96

Im still trying to grasp miles of speaking with few gaffs. Guess its all in who you love.
BTW I write on my hands all the time, its always there I wont lose it, I dont think that is bad, but.....I guess some do. Oh well, there are bigger things to worry about.

More like all in who you gather your news and facts from....There are bigger things to worry about like dumb Gov't war policies, jobs, healthcare, etc....But once again, if your going to call out a guy and his teleprompter for the world to humiliate, you better not use your hand as a "Tele-palmer"....lol

Actually Obama went to the convention, got called out for being a liar and had no real response. I think Palin could easily rise to that standard.

You betcha ya.......Sarah Palin, master interpeter of the sound bytes....Come on AV8, she couldn't even handle pre-arranged soft-ball questions. If you can't deal with the general concensus as to who came out on top of the Lion's Den Rep caucous, then obvisously you must of been watching the Fox news telecast as they chose to cease broadcasting prematurely, recognizing a successfull rebuttle session of conservative accusations and concerns, and realizing allowing cameras were the hugest gaff of all....

705red

Browncafe Steward

That would depend on the soze of your hands. lamo

diesel96

diesel, I am a little surprised . I said nothing about a teleprompter ----as an independent--which you always question --I simply said that the President's mispronounced word --or a few notes on Palin's hand --is no big deal.
You are obviously too dug in to your left position to understand that.
As long as you mentioned the teleprompter --I personally would not use it for EVERY speech.
During my career had many opportunities to speak publically concerning UPS in many different forums. Used 3x5 card to give me "memorie" jogs --but much preferred to look into the eyes of my audience with the true and honest demonstration --that I not only knew --but believed in what I was saying.
If you do not believe that our current President over uses the teleprompter --it is again due to your "dug" in position.
From my position --I believe I see things much clearer --can honestly say that writing notes on ones hand --also does not give me a feeling of confidence --3x5 with key words --to me acceptable ---100% teleprompter --too phony --Not asking you to agree --just the way I see it !!:wink2:

Island, you and me might not rush out to the electronics stores and camp outside for the lastest techinally advanced items. The I-Pod, I-phone, I-Pad, you name it, but there is a market and a love affair for new technology. There shouldn't be such a rauckus about a speaker's preference on how he/she delivers their speech. A younger computer/electronic savoy personality may perfer the latest toys and gadets. The old schooler may perfer a note pad or 3 x 5's. It shouldn't even be an issue, but there are those who just day in and day out make it an issue. Because one makes a tremendous amount of speeches, and stammers periodically, as long as there's content, factual knowledge, and details, that should supercede all this erroneous chatter about the President's teleprompter....

As far as dug in...I'm only dug in at exposing the inadequacy of misinformation in current events...

moreluck

golden ticket member
"....as long as there's content, factual knowledge, and details, that should supercede all this erroneous chatter about the President's teleprompter...."

That's where Obama is sorely lacking...facts & details. He spouts numbers and Veep Biden spouts completely different numbers and Robt. Gibb gives even more different numbers. I don't trust them !!!:dissapointed:

av8torntn

Come on AV8, she couldn't even handle pre-arranged soft-ball questions. If you can't deal with the general concensus as to who came out on top of the Lion's Den Rep caucous, then obvisously you must of been watching the Fox news telecast as they chose to cease broadcasting prematurely, recognizing a successfull rebuttle session of conservative accusations and concerns, and realizing allowing cameras were the hugest gaff of all....

First of all you made the decision to compare her to Obama. Softball? We must remember that Obama is the one that did not even know how many states were in our union. Just keeping it fair and balanced for you.

I'm not sure about the general consensus but the fact is that Obam got mauled by your lions. He outright lied and got called out on it and had not real answer. The problem is what they were talking about was printed and distributed to the media and delivered to the President before the last session of Congress. The exchange went something like this.

“That’s just not true,” said Obama.

Again if that is your bar for a successful rebuttal which I have to admit is extremely low Palin can easily do just as well. That's just not true? We at this point can only hope this guy is smart enough to realize that it was in fact true.

If you think having cameras at the event was a huge gaffe on the part of republicans all I can say is you have probably never heard an Obama speech as he seems to be a king of gaffes.

I will add that I know several women that make notes on their hands. I alway thought it was a female thing and I think that you guys on the left by constantly mocking things like this one seal the fate coming this Nobember. Look where mocking the tea party crowd has gotten you guys so far. Good luck with that.