Sarah Palin- hypocrite or just looking for better health care??

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Seems Sarah palin cant keep her foot out of her mouth everytime she speaks!

Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin -- who has gone to great lengths to hype the supposed dangers of a big government takeover of American health care -- admitted over the weekend that she used to get her treatment in Canada's single-payer system.
"We used to hustle over the border for health care we received in Canada," Palin said in her first Canadian appearance since stepping down as governor of Alaska. "And I think now, isn't that ironic?"
The irony, one guesses, is that Palin now views Canada's health care system as revolting: with its government-run administration and 'death-panel'-like rationing. Clearly, however, she and her family once found it more alluring than, at the very least, the coverage available in rural Alaska. Up to the age of six, Palin lived in a remote town near the closest Canadian city, Whitehorse.
Officials at several hospitals in that area declined to give out information on patient visits.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let this woman be the republican nominee in 2012!!

OBAMA2012:thumbsup:

wkmac

TOS,

Hate to steal your thunder but Klein already posting this in the Palin/Tea Party thread but thanks for the effort anyway. As to Ms. Palin and the tea party/GOP alliance, even the American Conservative Magazine is calling them out and not as a good thing either.

klein

Für Meno :)
Darnit, why wasn't she or her brother / parents put on our long waiting list, for them to die ? LOL being sarcastic, ofcourse.

bbsam

Staff member
TOS,

Hate to steal your thunder but Klein already posting this in the Palin/Tea Party thread but thanks for the effort anyway. As to Ms. Palin and the tea party/GOP alliance, even the American Conservative Magazine is calling them out and not as a good thing either.
Ambrose Bierce...? Wasn't he one of the most depressing, condescending, and borish of American writers?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Ambrose Bierce...? Wasn't he one of the most depressing, condescending, and borish of American writers?
Are you sure you don't mean Herman Melville? I still resent being forced to read, and then discuss, "Bartelby the Scrivener".

bbsam

Staff member
Are you sure you don't mean Herman Melville? I still resent being forced to read, and then discuss, "Bartelby the Scrivener".
My bad. I think I had Thoreau in mind. Walden? Or is that Joyce? Bierce was actually the inspiration for one of the finest essays I ever wrote in college on "An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge". Can't even believe I can recall the names considering the fog that many of those days and nights were encapsulated in.:surprised:

moreluck

golden ticket member
I laughed so hard seeing 10-12,000 people in Searchlight Nevada. Do you know how small that place is ??
When you drive to Vegas, if you blink, you'll miss it. It's like 13 square miles with a population of about 6-700 people. It's tiny, tiny, tiny !! Pahrump has 4 times more people.

With Sarah Palin in town, it sure brought out the folks. It was fun to see Harry Reid's home town swell up with people.

I think Harry will be joining the ranks of the unemployed come November. :peaceful:

klein

I laughed so hard seeing 10-12,000 people in Searchlight Nevada. Do you know how small that place is ??
When you drive to Vegas, if you blink, you'll miss it. It's like 13 square miles with a population of about 6-700 people. It's tiny, tiny, tiny !! Pahrump has 4 times more people.

With Sarah Palin in town, it sure brought out the folks. It was fun to see Harry Reid's home town swell up with people.

I think Harry will be joining the ranks of the unemployed come November. :peaceful:

I actually watched that live on CNN. Nothing really to brag about, as one of the commentators stated.
She had basically nothing new to bring to those people. No solutions.
Not even a question and answer session.
And if she were ever in a political debate, she would be just as lost as last year, because she doesn't have the answers.

A good place to hold a tea party. In the middle of the desert. Where no one can really interfere. I think KKK held meetings out of town , too.

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Yeah Klein, but the key here is that she is not presently running for anything. The people like her. Her message was to replace elected officials in the November elections......didn't you listen? Didn't you hear the people cheering in agreement?

Holding it it Harry Reid's home town had a special significance....he's not wanted by Nevada anymore !!

Lue C Fur

Evil member
A good place to hold a tea party. In the middle of the desert. Where no one can really interfere. I think KKK held meetings out of town , too.

Hey Klein...why dance around it...just come out and really tell us what you think of Tea Party movement....

klein

Hey Klein...why dance around it...just come out and really tell us what you think of Tea Party movement....

Well, when it comes to new Immigration, I agree with the Tea party, fully, actually.
After 9/11, if it would have been me to decide about immigration, (not only to the US , but also Worldwide, Europe, Australia, etc), I would have not let a single muslim immigrant into the country, without a fully extensive background check. And issued a Visa-must, just for visiting.

Also, with the higher employment now, would also say no more newcommers, until we might need them.

So, that part, the Teaparty has right.

But, to go as far, as letting other fellow americans maybe die of hunger and health, only because they can't find a job in these hard times. That goes too far.
I personally think, you can only have a good economy is, if everybody gets a piece of the cake.Atleast a small piece of it. Otherwise, those people become non-consumers, which will not strive the economy, nor make anyone richer.

I seen people in my life time getting laid off or fired. But, couldn't imagine the extra pain it would be in the US. Esspecially workers with familes, that can't bring thier children to a doctor , suddenly.
So, I think the Tea Party is selfish in those regards, almost heartless.

If you would have asked me 20years ago. I would probably be dead inline with the Tea Party.
Thinking, I'm paying all these taxes for all those freeloaders.
But, as time went on, esspecially travelling, I realized it's better to pay a share, then to have slums, ghettos, and ruin houses/trailerparks.
And think of it this way : If you took all social welfare away, those people would have no other choice then to comment crime (theft), just in order to eat and be kept alive.

Like DS said in a posting, if you would have followed us in the LBJ times, this whole subject about healthcare wouldn't even be here.
So what, we pay maybe 5% more taxes then the US ? The more you earn, the more you spend, the more you pay on taxes to take care of healthcare.
Atleast thats more fair, then me paying education taxes for the rest of my life, for someone elses children.
Healthcare will be used by every single person at one time or another.

But, all in all, yes, in a democratic society, it can't hurt to have another opinion. Actually , it helps the system.
But, sofar, the Tea party hasn't come up with any good ideas how to improve anything.

Like I said, I watched Sarah speak today. She mentioned more oil drilling in the US.
I got a little bit of a chuckle there.
Since oil explorations companies are all over North America and the world.
They invest billions for new drills each and every year.
Trust me, if they would have found something, they wouldn't hide it.

Anyways, still wishing the USA a great future. I truely hope things will turn around for the best.
But, remember, it takes innovation and new ideas to get ahead of the game. And , not going backwards (where I think the Tea Party wants to go).
You may wanna look at past times, and how great it was. But, no matter what you do, you can't turn back time. But, you can forward it, by thinking of the future and what's need to be done to
archieve goals and a better lifestyle.

And, no, I'm not happy with Obama's spending spree. A lot of it went to waste (example : cash4clunkers).
But, he did "invest" in America. Sometimes you need to invest to make gains. I just hope he was right.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Your still Dancing...i will be more specfic for you. What do you mean by "I think the KKK held meetings out of town too". If you forgot here is want you said:

Well, when it comes to new Immigration, I agree with the Tea party, fully, actually. Is that really what the Tea party is for or are you just assuming.
After 9/11, if it would have been me to decide about immigration, (not only to the US , but also Worldwide, Europe, Australia, etc), I would have not let a single muslim immigrant into the country, without a fully extensive background check. And issued a Visa-must, just for visiting.
Your Liberal friends must be shocked!!!!
Also, with the higher employment now, would also say no more newcommers, until we might need them.

So, that part, the Teaparty has right.
I never heard that before from the Tea Party movement...no kidding???
But, to go as far, as letting other fellow americans maybe die of hunger and health, only because they can't find a job in these hard times. That goes too far.
The Tea Party is for letting people die of hunger an health because they cant find a job? Really??? I did not know that about the Tea Party movement. What a bunch of killers.
I personally think, you can only have a good economy is, if everybody gets a piece of the cake. Wealth distrubutioin. Atleast a small piece of it. Wealth distribution. Otherwise, those people become non-consumers, which will not strive the economy, nor make anyone richer.
You know you need to have a job to get paid right? I dont think the Tea Party has a problem with a person that is laid off get some help or benifits. Are you saying they dont care about the laid off workers?

I seen people in my life time getting laid off or fired. Fired for drinking on the job, drugs, stealing, etc??? But, couldn't imagine the extra pain it would be in the US. Esspecially workers with familes, that can't bring thier children to a doctor , suddenly.
So, I think the Tea Party is selfish in those regards, almost heartless.
So you know for a fact that the Tea Party movement is against helping families that are laid off? Are you just making shiat up as you go?

If you would have asked me 20years ago. I would probably be dead inline with the Tea Party.
Thinking, I'm paying all these taxes for all those freeloaders.
But, as time went on, esspecially travelling, I realized it's better to pay a share, then to have slums, ghettos, and ruin houses/trailerparks.So giving money to Freeloaders will help them get an education an job and become productive memebers of society and that would get rid of the slums, ghettos and trailer parks. LMAO!!! We already give all that plus free helthcare to them. Nothing has changed so i guess that doesnt work so maybe throwing more money and a nice bigscreen TV, cable, Cell phone, high speed internet, and an Ipod will get them to stop being freeloaders. LMAO!!!
Admit it Klein...your a freeloader now so you changed you mind.
And think of it this way : If you took all social welfare away, those people would have no other choice then to comment crime (theft), just in order to eat and be kept alive.
Psssst...hey klein...most commit crimes already with all the wellfare. Maybe if we did take it away then they would get a job to survive instead.

But, all in all, yes, in a democratic society, it can't hurt to have another opinion. Actually , it helps the system.
But, sofar, the Tea party hasn't come up with any good ideas how to improve anything.
They havent or is it not Liberal enough for you. What ideas have they come up with that you dont agree with?

Like I said, I watched Sarah speak today. She mentioned more oil drilling in the US.
I got a little bit of a chuckle there.
Since oil explorations companies are all over North America and the world.
They invest billions for new drills each and every year.
Trust me, if they would have found something, they wouldn't hide it.
Wow!!! What planet are you from? Our Liberal global warming enviromentlists dont let us drill. We have huge amount of natural gas and oil that we are not allowed to tap into.

Anyways, still wishing the USA a great future. I truely hope things will turn around for the best.
Aw thanks my Liberal Canadian friend, thats so nice of you to say that.
But, remember, it takes innovation and new ideas to get ahead of the game. And , not going backwards (where I think the Tea Party wants to go).
There you go thinking again.
You may wanna look at past times, and how great it was. But, no matter what you do, you can't turn back time. But, you can forward it, by thinking of the future and what's need to be done to
archieve goals and a better lifestyle.
What is that saying...those who dont look at the past are destined to repeat...something like that. I look at the past as to why we came to America and why many still come here from all around the world for a better life.

And, no, I'm not happy with Obama's spending spree. A lot of it went to waste (example : cash4clunkers).
A lot went to waste...what else besides clunkers?
But, he did "invest" in America. Sometimes you need to invest to make gains. I just hope he was right.
Hope and change right?

tieguy

Banned
Your still Dancing...i will be more specfic for you. What do you mean by "I think the KKK held meetings out of town too". If you forgot here is want you said:

Hope and change right?

lue you should be ashamed of yourself for taking advantage of the mentally challenged.

klein please read through your post and tell me you were not stone cold drunk?

fxdwg

Long Time Member
I don't care about the arguments on BC; all I care about is that Sarah is HOT!!

I'd love to spend some time with her; get to know her...........

diesel96

Wow, you went to college ?? I went to 12 years Catholic school.....almost the same thing !!

My after-school Catholic classes were held at "Our Lady of Perpetual Help".... I think the Vatican should adopt that name with all the scandals going on these days....But tweak the name to "Our Lady in need of Perpetual Help"...

Yeah Klein, but the key here is that she is not presently running for anything. The people like her. Her message was to replace elected officials in the November elections......didn't you listen? Didn't you hear the people cheering in agreement?

Holding it it Harry Reid's home town had a special significance....he's not wanted by Nevada anymore !!

Moreluck, you realize, it was reported that many of the spectators that came to worship Palin in Nv were out of state groupies who can't vote in that state.

No dancing here, I think if you tell them the "sky is falling", there all going to look up with their mouths wide open in a panic....baa baaa

I don't care about the arguments on BC; all I care about is that Sarah is HOT!!

I'd love to spend some time with her; get to know her...........

And after "ya" spend some time with her, you can drop the (g) when "ya" speak... How's that "hopey-changy thing going for ya"..."Stick around, ya might learn somethin", Geez. that's got to drive Todd crazy.....

fxd...then watch her on her Alaska special....you'll get to know her and her part of the world.

$8 million dollar TV deal...alot of "horn dogs" would like to get to know her with that kind of coin....You realize she's just playin' all you Tea-Partiers to lock in a large TV audience with the attention span of American Idol-like zombies. She's not that dumb after all, (well maybe politically),business wise, as President she would of made only $400,000

moreluck

golden ticket member
"Moreluck, you realize, it was reported that many of the spectators that came to worship Palin in Nv were out of state groupies who can't vote in that state."

It was a rally of many voters. They can vote conservative in whatever state they came from. One of the nearest drives would be from CA. and those votes can get rid of the likes of Boxer & Finestein. :peaceful: