Satan's paperweight

rod

Retired 22 years
Never delivered an anvil, but have delivered a 145 pound auger to 1 of our local rental places. Loaded a few of 'em too when I worked the preload. Always got help in the center to load them, but while delivering before I could ask the scrawny guy for help, he came to the end of the PC & yanked it out of the truck & set it down. Looked at me like I was a giant puss cake. All I could think was he totally didn't use any of the 8 keys of lifting & lowering. LMAO.

Sent from the 64GB US Cellular iPhone 5S of selfcancelsignal

I had a pickup acct way out in the middle of no where that was operated by a big young farm boy who also ran a machine shop out of his work shop. One day I noticed a large chunk (about 2 1/2 foot long) of 1 inch thick I-beam sitting down in a 55 gal oil drum he used for scrap. I mentioned that some day I had to get a piece like that to use in my garage to pound stuff on. He said if I could lift it out I could have it. I tried but couldn't budge it. He laughed and pulled it straight up and out of the drum and threw it in the back of my truck. I needed help unloading it back at the building. I know I felt really wimpy that day.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I had a pickup acct way out in the middle of no where that was operated by a big young farm boy who also ran a machine shop out of his work shop. One day I noticed a large chunk (about 2 1/2 foot long) of 1 inch thick I-beam sitting down in a 55 gal oil drum he used for scrap. I mentioned that some day I had to get a piece like that to use in my garage to pound stuff on. He said if I could lift it out I could have it. I tried but couldn't budge it. He laughed and pulled it straight up and out of the drum and threw it in the back of my truck. I needed help unloading it back at the building. I know I felt really wimpy that day.
My grandpa tells a story about a mason that would give directions while holding a cinder block in each hand.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
To make a new one? I can't see why one would ever need to be melted down.
Farrier anvils do eventually wear out, although it might take decades. They are shaped a specific way for a reason- I have seem them in use but its too complex for me to describe here- and once the edges are rounded off and the flat is uneven and chipped they need to be replaced. For Joe Homeowner who just needs a heavy steel surface to bang on an anvil would last forever but for people who earn a living with them they dont.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Mack Grant

If that scrawny guy had to do your job for 20 years he wouldn't be handling irregs that way. I check my ego at the door when I come to work, just because I CAN lift something by myself doesnt mean I SHOULD lift something by myself, and if that makes me a giant puss cake then so be it.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Ever noticed the "over weight" option under non-delivery in your DIAD. I would love to use that and then photograph the next msg I receive from the building.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Delivering that thing was brutal.

The farrier shop it went to also got four 60 lb. boxes of horseshoes. So I backed up to the shop, slid everything to the rear door, scanned it and then went inside to get a signature from the owner and use the bathroom while a pair of brawny young stable hands hauled all 360 lbs of that crap into the barn. Work smarter not harder!

Sent using BrownCafe App
Me personally, I would have had those young studs unload them off the truck. :laughing2: