saying "safety first"

Andorian440

When I answer the phone at work, I have to say "safety first." It's kind of embarrassing, because it's so hokey, and sometimes the customers even laugh and make wisecracks. What's worse, it's become a habit and I sometimes automatically say it when I answer the phone at home. Ugh.

Shryp

You could try to use the 8 keys to lifting and lowering before pickup up the phone. Maybe by the time you are done with your checklist the phone will stop ringing. Also be sure to use the 5 keys of preventing slips and falls while getting to the phone.

rod

Retired 22 years
she is too busy tracking a package, because someone gave out the center number instead of the 800 number....

I still give out my old centers number to this day even though it is an unpublished number. I've even given out a center manager's name and home number if they really wanted to chew some butt------------ but not for driver complaints

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
No sarcasm intended; I am truly sorry that your superiors would treat you in such a humiliating and degrading manner by making you answer the phone in such a ridiculous way. It would be a real challenge for me to remain in my job if I had to say that every time I picked up the phone.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
I tend to agree with Sober. How humiliating.

If I had a company that answered the phone that way, I would be wondering what the heck they are trying to cover up. Kinda like the old thing about the first guy to point the finger at someone else after noxious fumes are released, is usually the one responsible for the release.

Again how humiliating. IS this really what safety at UPS has fallen to?

d

Big Babooba

Maybe a custom ring tone should be added to the phone. My suggestion:

[video=youtube;dQI8y6cLJSo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQI8y6cLJSo[/video]

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
How about the on hold music. Only they would have to put it on a loop, as the hold time can be quite long when calling the center.

d

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
...Again how humiliating. IS this really what safety at UPS has fallen to?

Yes.

Lots of buzzwords, lots of slogans, lots of empty rhetoric, lots of warm-and-fuzzy feelgood crap designed to let those involved look busy and pretend that they are doing something important. We wont give you a safe dispatch or a safe vehicle to drive, but we will give you a cookie and a bottle of water if you score 100% on a word game.