Schumer to UPS: find missing AP exams or refund Starpoint High students

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Schumer to UPS: find missing AP exams or refund Starpoint High students - WGRZ

Dozens of students at Starpoint Central High School in Lockport are now faced with a difficult decision after their advanced placement exams got lost after being shipped.

According to a letter from Principal Gil Licata to families on July 16, a box containing 106 AP exams in Literature and U.S. History disappeared on the way to the College Board's national grading center in Ewing, New Jersey.

The tests were administered on May 5 and 6, then shipped on May 7 via a pre-printed shipping label created by the College Board. Two months later, on July 7, the College Board contacted Starpoint to say the box had not yet arrived.

"I personally feel that it's ridiculous," said Allie Schuler, an incoming senior at Starpoint High School, one of the students impacted by the loss of exams.

The value is just the paper. Good luck trying to collect more than 100 bucks.
Exactly
UPS is liable for the replacement cost of the paper not any economic losses due to the package of being lost.

If those tests were not important they could have packed them up in the suitcase and drove them to the testing site themselves

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Based on a few quoted statements...

Extra classroom time for the students seems necessary.

It definitely would help...

Just as I am trying to.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Schumer to UPS: find missing AP exams or refund Starpoint High students - WGRZ

Dozens of students at Starpoint Central High School in Lockport are now faced with a difficult decision after their advanced placement exams got lost after being shipped.

According to a letter from Principal Gil Licata to families on July 16, a box containing 106 AP exams in Literature and U.S. History disappeared on the way to the College Board's national grading center in Ewing, New Jersey.

The tests were administered on May 5 and 6, then shipped on May 7 via a pre-printed shipping label created by the College Board. Two months later, on July 7, the College Board contacted Starpoint to say the box had not yet arrived.

"I personally feel that it's ridiculous," said Allie Schuler, an incoming senior at Starpoint High School, one of the students impacted by the loss of exams.

Of course it is “ridiculous “...

Est.1998

106 exams placed in a box?
Doesn't seem right and if so, the school probably placed one piece of tape on the top and bottom.
The moment it got into the hub, it was probably crushed open and the papers are all over that hub and the ones that aren't in between the conveyor belts are now in the trash.
They should of put them in an envelope and shipped them NDA.
Wouldn't have taken 2 months to realize they haven't arrived.