Seasonal driver

I became a seasonal driver a little over a month ago. I want to stay on permanently after the peak season is over. Peak season ends on January 15 and I was told by my manager that they want to keep 4 peak season drivers to come back permanently and that my name is one of the four that made the list, not only that but it's the 1st name on the list. Only thing is, he retired a day after telling me this. They created a new route awhile ago and put me on that route since they made it. Is it possible that after January 15 I will be able to come back and be a permanent driver or I would still have to start inside the hub?

Commercial Inside Release

Beware of lame duck supervisors & managers! If they are rumored to be quitting, transferring, retiring, or going on some suspicious form of disability, you can assume they are lying about everything, and just for the fun of it.

I pull down reaction memes I start to feel bad about if I'm still within the edit/delete post period. Management doesn't typically retire the day after they lie to a newbie so it's kinda funny. They probably had a

I pull down reaction memes I start to feel bad about if I'm still within the edit/delete post period. Management doesn't typically retire the day after they lie to a newbie so it's kinda funny. They probably had a good chuckle over it.

I pull down reaction memes I start to feel bad about if I'm still within the edit/delete post period. Management doesn't typically retire the day after they lie to a newbie so it's kinda funny. They probably had a good chuckle over it.
He was already set to retire at the end of the year

Beware of lame duck supervisors & managers! If they are rumored to be quitting, transferring, retiring, or going on some suspicious form of disability, you can assume they are lying about everything, and just for the fun of it.
But none of the other seasonal drivers have heard anything about whats going to happen to them

I became a seasonal driver a little over a month ago. I want to stay on permanently after the peak season is over. Peak season ends on January 15 and I was told by my manager that they want to keep 4 peak season drivers to come back permanently and that my name is one of the four that made the list, not only that but it's the 1st name on the list. Only thing is, he retired a day after telling me this. They created a new route awhile ago and put me on that route since they made it. Is it possible that after January 15 I will be able to come back and be a permanent driver or I would still have to start inside the hub?
You might have a chance that they keep you on but you definitely won't have a cushy Christmas route like you had.

Good luck to you

Up In Smoke

IMO and 33 plus years experience, the company would have to clear any open bid sheets. If no bid sheets are open, they must post internally first and expire them prior to hiring from outside. Our local still adheres to the 6-1-1 rotation for new full time positions. I would find a steward, make sure he has your information and reach out to him every other week to check on rotation status.

IMO and 33 plus years experience, the company would have to clear any open bid sheets. If no bid sheets are open, they must post internally first and expire them prior to hiring from outside. Our local still adheres to the 6-1-1 rotation for new full time positions. I would find a steward, make sure he has your information and reach out to him every other week to check on rotation status.
Where would i find a steward?

Up In Smoke

Where would i find a steward?
If your not currently working, call another driver you may have exchanged numbers with. So I'm assuming your stewards didn't follow through with their contractual right to sit with and introduce you to the union and have you fill out a card?

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
But none of the other seasonal drivers have heard anything about whats going to happen to them
Be mindful of the peak hires who don't blab all their info...

They generally are the ones who are staying.

Reread that.

Good luck.

If your not currently working, call another driver you may have exchanged numbers with. So I'm assuming your stewards didn't follow through with their contractual right to sit with and introduce you to the union and have you fill out a card?
My trainer did but only thing i filled out was my DOT info