Seasonal Helpers & Union Dues

Demedic

I'm a seasonal helper making crap money. It was my understanding that I would only be working approx 2 1/2 months. The first month my driver got covid so I I didn't work work 14 days yet they took out $43.00 2x that month for union dues that was i end ov Nov. December rolled around didn't work another 4 days because my driver was working inside they took another $43. Now is Jan. I got like another 10 days left and their gonna take another $43. Why the hell should I be paying union dues if I'm only working 2 1/2 months?

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
They shouldn’t be taking anything , I would contact the manager and tell him you will be getting ahold of the local news station to do a story on UPS taking union dues from non union employees.

EmpireUPS909

Trailer sweep is a cake walk
This is what everyone should know but doesn't. No one takes anything from you. When you signed your paperwork, you voluntarily signed a dues check off sheet. If you would've read the paperwork and refrained from signing, you wouldn't have paid anything.....but ...If offered a non seasonal job, you would owe back dues. Don't sign anything with reading it thoroughly

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
This is what everyone should know but doesn't. No one takes anything from you. When you signed your paperwork, you voluntarily signed a dues check off sheet. If you would've read the paperwork and refrained from signing, you wouldn't have paid anything.....but ...If offered a non seasonal job, you would owe back dues. Don't sign anything with reading it thoroughly
That was the no vax penalty UPS deducted

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I'm a seasonal helper making crap money. It was my understanding that I would only be working approx 2 1/2 months. The first month my driver got covid so I I didn't work work 14 days yet they took out $43.00 2x that month for union dues that was i end ov Nov. December rolled around didn't work another 4 days because my driver was working inside they took another $43. Now is Jan. I got like another 10 days left and their gonna take another $43. Why the hell should I be paying union dues if I'm only working 2 1/2 months?
So when this happens around here our local will refund the dues you inadvertently paid. It is a clerical error due to no HR department at UPS anymore. Call the local and tell them what happened see what they say.