Seniority going by punch in time

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
I recently one a bid for a 22.3 unload position. There were 20 jobs in total. I was the top spot by over 10 years. Even had some 2020's get in. They have us all starting on Monday. I have been told by multiple people including the full time sups and my union steward that full time seniority will go by punch time. So since we will all have 11-1-21 fulltime dates then the order will go by our punch in times. So if a 2020 punches before me then they will outbid me in future bids. I was told by the steward that the BA told him the same thing. I've tried calling the BA but he' out of town for a week. I've read through the contract and can't find any language on this the master or our central supplement and we don't have a local rider. This is a big deal to me as 30 load 22.3's were already posted before this so I have a lot of people ahead of me already. Has anyone else heard of this in their building?
Catch one in the locker room...

Make an example.

Good luck

Trailer monkey

I recently one a bid for a 22.3 unload position. There were 20 jobs in total. I was the top spot by over 10 years. Even had some 2020's get in. They have us all starting on Monday. I have been told by multiple people including the full time sups and my union steward that full time seniority will go by punch time. So since we will all have 11-1-21 fulltime dates then the order will go by our punch in times. So if a 2020 punches before me then they will outbid me in future bids. I was told by the steward that the BA told him the same thing. I've tried calling the BA but he' out of town for a week. I've read through the contract and can't find any language on this the master or our central supplement and we don't have a local rider. This is a big deal to me as 30 load 22.3's were already posted before this so I have a lot of people ahead of me already. Has anyone else heard of this in their building?
When they were first bid in my building in 2000, all 22s starting on the same day were awarded FT seniority in company seniority order, provided they worked that day, that is how it should be

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
In our local if you start FT on the same day it goes by part time seniority if applicable. If both outside hires it would be a draw out of a hat.

ROOR

No HR has something to do with it...
Millennials in managerial & supervisory roles, too.
But, the number one reason for the pervasive stupidity is equipment like ROOR, and weed that is too strong.
Found the supervisor lurking on the board. Hope you drop dead of a heart attack while you're bitching at all of your equipment for not moving fast enough.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
C4342904-9AF2-4725-B74D-060185963F83.jpeg

ManInBrown

Yup punch in time is definitely a tiebreaker. Not agreeing or disagreeing with you on the other points. Goes by local. I have no clue. But whoever punches in first is definitely a tiebreaker. I know someone who was on the good end of that one.

Soooooo.....how'd it go on Monday???

Staydryitsraining

Why not just start everyone the same day but give seniority dates from top to bottom? The more I hear about the central the more it seems like a wasteland.

Returntosender

Why not the order of how the bids were awarded? The first 20 will be most senior PT employee.