Seniority question

Brownt10

Where specifically in the new contract does it say that full timers have seniority over part timers as far as extra work goes?

Does a FT 22.3 have more seniority than a pt bid air driver when it comes to extra work?

100%ORIONComplianceGuy

25+ Year UPSer and Teamster
Where specifically in the new contract does it say that full timers have seniority over part timers as far as extra work goes?

Does a FT 22.3 have more seniority than a pt bid air driver when it comes to extra work?
Depends on the work involved.
What do you consider extra work?
In The Southern it’s defined this way.
IMG_7627.jpeg

But I've seen plenty of shenanigans concerning the “present and available” part.

542thruNthru

View attachment 484567
But I've seen plenty of shenanigans concerning the “present and available” part.
Not exactly what I was asking. I'm curious what he defines as extra work, not what the contract says about who gets it.

Lots of people think stuff is extra work when it's not. So just want to make sure what he wants to do is actually extra work.

100%ORIONComplianceGuy

25+ Year UPSer and Teamster
Not exactly what I was asking. I'm curious what he defines as extra work, not what the contract says about who gets it.

Lots of people think stuff is extra work when it's not. So just want to make sure what he wants to do is actually extra work.
That’s the problem. Should be based solely on contract language that is crystal clear and that covers all the bases. But it often isn’t and the language isn’t so rock solid everywhere. Status quo seems to rule over contract language. 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Brownt10

View attachment 484567
Yes but in my building they use AI to cut runs. Basically if I’m not assigned an air run then I can’t touch any air that’s left in building or that comes in on a late plane. A couple weeks ago a bunch of perishables got left in building