seniority rule

borwnie

ive been at ups for 4 years as a package handler loading trailers everyday. We recently got day sorters who come in at 10:30 and leave at 3:45 and twilights shift is 3:30-11:30. The daysort supervisor takes away the scanners from his workers who are extremely untrained and passes it to me and my buddy while he lets his day sorters do easy stuff such as load a package cart of missorts and dump them on a belt or even just simply doing bulk while we get stuck with their mess and :censored2:ty load quality. My question is does a person with higher seniority give you the right to do what you prefer to do and let lower seniority train as they should since we've all done it? I get used and abused just because they know i'm a fast loader and let new hires do whatever they want....

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
ive been at ups for 4 years as a package handler loading trailers everyday. We recently got day sorters who come in at 10:30 and leave at 3:45 and twilights shift is 3:30-11:30. The daysort supervisor takes away the scanners from his workers who are extremely untrained and passes it to me and my buddy while he lets his day sorters do easy stuff such as load a package cart of missorts and dump them on a belt or even just simply doing bulk while we get stuck with their mess and :censored2:ty load quality. My question is does a person with higher seniority give you the right to do what you prefer to do and let lower seniority train as they should since we've all done it? I get used and abused just because they know i'm a fast loader and let new hires do whatever they want....
WAD, very safely. Stay hydrated, use the bathroom as needed, and file Art 37s

Heyump

These last few months, I've been put into a similar situation with new hires. I don't mind working hard, but I won't be taken advantage of, and I recommend "doing things by the book". Work as instructed, say yes and take full advantage of the rules they make. The red light? Not my problem. Egress though, certainly is. Six sided checks? Yup. READ every package, just like it says you do on paper. Open every single bag, read three packages. Eventually you will be noticed, and as long as you are doing things correctly they will have no credible way to write you up.

Your actions speak way louder than words at UPS, from my own experience the sups will notice a difference in your work ethic. If they have any sense they will figure out how to remedy the situation or else we can all deal with the red light district, and they catch the heat

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Be honest, was your user name supposed to be brownie? But you :censored2:ed it up?

Because if they work the newbies too hard they will quit

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Work as directed. I get that it sucks going into a trailer and the half of wall looks like a blind man stacked it with a shovel....but it is what it is. If you have to tear part of it down because it’s unsafe and rebuild...do what you have to do.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Seniority only counts when you are picking your yearly vacations weeks.
But you have to watch them, to make sure that they don't pull a fast one give your weeks to someone else.