senseless terrorist act

P

pd109

Well it seems the Iraqi rebels have reached a new plateau of low.Today 32 children were killed,31 wounded in a car bomb attack this morning.1 American soldier dead,2 wounded.
Apparently the group(allegedly) responsible is the Sunni Arab minority.The ones who dominated under Saddam Hussein.If he(Saddam)has an ounce of decency,he should speak to these people through the media and tell them that the murder of innocent children is not considered a noble
way to die.We know he doesn`t like froot loops,so
even if he`s in jail,he still has the right to make choices.It might help.

T

tieguy

its a real mess.

Our strategy has to be twofold.

1) kill every slimy terrorist SOB we can find.

2) reach out to the arab community and win the hearts of mind of the people to minimize the flow of future terrorists.

Q

quebec_driver

SADDAM IS NOT THE ANSWER IT IS THE CLERICS,
CBC ran a documentary on ISLAM and their clerics sunday night, I think the problem are really the clerics they were talking tough and condonning terrorism. One was actually stating that murder was OK. Another problem is every time you kill a terrorist you create another "MARTYR FOR ALLAH".
I don`t see a solution coming up shortly unless a very charismatic leader appears and states that terrorism is wrong...

C

crappie

We are going to have to clean out the slums of every country near Iraq.Seems lots of these sucide bombers are comeing from nearby countrys.This could take a while ,so we need to turn it over to the Iraq people.

D

deliver_man

<font color="ff0000">We are going to have to clean out the slums of every country near Iraq.Seems lots of these sucide bombers are comeing from nearby countrys.This could take a while ,so we need to turn it over to the Iraq people. </font>
Who's "we"? Are you shipping out next week? "We" are nowhere even close to ending the insurgency in Iraq, and the Iraqi people are nowhere even close to taking over the job. If your solution is to invade some more countries, it's gonna be a tough sell to a military that is already stretched to capacity.
<font color="ff0000">its a real mess.

Our strategy has to be twofold.

1) kill every slimy terrorist SOB we can find.

2) reach out to the arab community and win the hearts of mind of the people to minimize the flow of future terrorists.</font>

I agree, and in fact that is, in a nutshell, the strategy that the military is trying to apply in Iraq. Realistically though, it could take us 3-5 years before we are completely out of there. I fervently hope it is sooner, but as of right now I'm not seeing or hearing anything gives me a whole lot of optimism.

C

crappie

(Who's "we"? Are you shipping out next week? "We" are nowhere even close to ending the insurgency in Iraq, and the Iraqi people are nowhere even close to taking over the job. If your solution is to invade some more countries, it's gonna be a tough sell to a military that is already stretched to capacity. )
we part is the usa .We do not need to invade they are comeing over to Iraq by the train loads every day.If we leave now we will one huge Afghanistan so we have to stay .I wish we could hide our head under a pillow and it would all go away.I am very sad to see young folks die over there everyday .
what is you idea for this problem Deliver_man?