Sexual Harassment

helenofcalifornia

When you say "sexual harassment is told" do you mean a dirty joke? I think of sexual harassment as when you feel "uncomfortable." Two different people could tell me the same joke and I might only feel "uncomfortable" with one of those people. It's a fine line.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
If someone reported to You that They were sexually harrassed, I think you have to report it to someone above you. If someone came to you in confidence and told you something that happened, maybe they wanted an opinion of what happened to them to see if you thought they were over-reacting. Maybe you need to ask them what they would like you to do. Make others aware of it, or just to give you a heads up.
Actually I have never seen a man be sexually harassed.

And I think most women( At ups) are above being bothered by it if it doesnt involve losing their job if they dont perform places other than work, if you know what I mean. And that is more threat than sexual.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
An OMS is management, and if serious sexual harassment is taking place, than it should be reported to higher ups. The original poster didn't elaborate exactly what the problem was. We used to have a 32 year supervisor that tried to get a couple of our lady drivers to meet him at a motel room. One day he said something inappropriate to an attractive young OMS in the office in front of witnesses and he is "no longer with the company". A dirty joke or statement is one thing, serious harassment that makes an employee uncomfortable about coming to work is another.

helenofcalifornia

I definitely agree with big_arrow_up in trying to resolve the issue with the "offender" first. I would only involve someone else if it progressed. And then I might ask another driver to talk to the offender depending on the situation. Usually when I am "offended" by someone, I just avoid them for awhile.

bigdog

If it is reported to an OMS they are obligated to reported it (whether it was told in confidence or not). You should not try to determine if it is serious or not (or if it is indeded sexual harassment - that is up to HR).

You can be held accountable as well if it is discovered that you had knowledge and you did nothing (go back and read the anti harassment policy that all employees signed as part of their employment)

local804

Pretty strange how all of these wierd questions with the typical answers that a 4 year old can answer are asked by new users with no posts.