sexual harrassment by ups employee

lostintransit

My brother in law is a driver with ups and has been for 20 plus years. He and my sister in law are currently separated due to the fact that he has a cheating problem. Unfortunately much of this behavior has been conducted while on the job. He has "hit on" numerous women while in the brown uniform and on the clock. What is ups's policies on sexual harassment??? There have been at least three times when a husband has called the supervisor to complain of this. The one husband called the boss in charge of human resource in our area and yet nothing was ever done. Is there anything that can be done to this animal?? He's giving himself and ups a bad reputation in our small town.

upsgrunt

Is your brother in law married to your sister in law, or is that a typo? I would guess that this guy's world will soon come crashing down if corporate is getting phone calls about the problem.

satellitedriver

The husbands should have a heart to heart talk with this driver(old school).
Your sister is better off now, without him.
This kind of person will get what they deserve, through the course of time.
UPS will not, and should not, stand for any kind of harrasement while on the clock.
PAX

over9five

Staff member
Sounds to me like these women are not feeling harassed. If they were, they would be making the calls, NOT their husbands.

If the UPS guy can make these women more entertained than their husbands, Godspeed to him! The husband is obviously not keeping her satisfied.

That said, I agree with Satellite. Your sister is better off without him.

Fighting4yourRights

Heavy Weight
Sounds to me like these women are not feeling harassed. If they were, they would be making the calls, NOT their husbands.

If the UPS guy can make these women more entertained than their husbands, Godspeed to him! The husband is obviously not keeping her satisfied.

That said, I agree with Satellite. Your sister is better off without him.

Wow. I never thought I'd see the day I agree with Over9five - the women should be calling/reporting any harassment themselves. Otherwise, maybe they are having a rootin tootin time and their partners (who may be spoiling all the fun) want it to stop :surprised:

What is he doing to the women? do you know?

IDoLessWorkThanMost

My brother in law is a driver with ups and has been for 20 plus years. He and my sister in law are currently separated due to the fact that he has a cheating problem. Unfortunately much of this behavior has been conducted while on the job. He has "hit on" numerous women while in the brown uniform and on the clock. What is ups's policies on sexual harassment??? There have been at least three times when a husband has called the supervisor to complain of this. The one husband called the boss in charge of human resource in our area and yet nothing was ever done. Is there anything that can be done to this animal?? He's giving himself and ups a bad reputation in our small town.

Maybe you should mind your own business? Just a thought. :sick:

MR_Vengeance

United Parcel Survivor

how is this sexual harassment? if those women on his route don't complain then he must be a stud.:devil3:

raceanoncr

You want another real life experience? When I was a p/c driver, new (and married at the time), I could have gone home with my pockets full of phone #'s, articles of note, you know what I mean, from single and married chicks. I made it quite clear I was married but it didn't seem to matter to any of em. Some I acted on, some I didn't.

My point is: Maybe it's not all this guy. As in a few of the posts here, the ladies are the ones that should be doing the calling, if at all. But MAYBE, they got nabbed so are playing the victim routine.

I, and we here, don't know all the facts in this case. But in todays world, anybody can claim sexual harassment and sob and moan. In alot of the cases, the truth will never be known. But, maybe, a closer look should be given to the women here.

S

Sup.

All she or any one needs to do is call corporate, or get a lawyer involved and have them call UPS. Then and only then will it stop.

tups

This is crazy, or maybe just a coincidence. Today I got a call from a friend of mine who drives another route in the same city we work in. He said he got a call from the center manager who said there was a C1 corporate complaint filed on him for harrassment of a woman who works on his route. The complaint was filed by the husband who 'claimed' he tracked his wife's phone calls and looked in her phone to find a number that was called numerous times. he went on to say that the number is listed in her phone as belonging to someone with a different name but is a UPS driver. First of all why would the husband call and not the woman. Obviously this guy's wife is cheating on him and he's trying to get the guy doing it to lose his job. And how does he know that the name listed in that phone belongs to the driver who actually delivers to this office? It could be any driver anywhere in the country for that matter, not just the one who delivers to her office. And this brings up my main point here. Why in the world would this complaint even leave the corporate office and cause the center manager to call the driver on this? I mean, anyone hearing this story would be saying that this guy calling is taking stabs in the dark and hoping he hits something since he doesn't even know the drivers name. I cannot see why someone in corporate would fail to have the balls to tell this guy that this is not a corporate issue. It is ludicrous to me that someone in corporate found it necessary to A- take the complaint to begin with. And B- actually have the center manager call the driver on it. I know the center manager's just doing his job, but for god's sake, what happens away from work, or even on a lunch hour is no one elses business. Especially if the person doing the complaining isn't even an alleged victim. It would be different if this woman came forward and said she fells harrassed by this driver, but this is not the case. Or maybe people in Atlanta have so much time on their hands that they feel the need to do this on the third day of peak so we will have to take time out of our day to discuss this. Way to go Atlanta!! Keep up company morale!!