Shoe for shifting/yard jockey etc etc .

Shoes , lightweight , breathable

• Brand

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Light weight

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters

gorilla75jdw

As we are heading into another Hot summer , and spring can be warn as well , I was just wondering what you fellow yard jockey/shifter/goat drivers use for shoes . Screw the company , I'm looking for something lightweight, breathable , slip on damn near a boat shoe . But any ideas and links would be appreciated. Something that could be worn with a "no show" sock and preferably a slip on , nothing tied tight with laces and loops . I'm all about comfort , screw all that safety mumbo jumbo , let's keep it real . TIA .

Turdferguson

Just a turd
shoes09.jpg

rod

Retired 22 years
I'm sure if you look around Nike or Adidas or one of those outfits has a specialized shoe for "shifting/yard jockey" work on sale for probably only a couple of hundred dollars.

over9five

Staff member
I agree with the OP. If they're gonna work you 16 hours, wear what's comfortable.
I'd wear the same black sneaker type footwear I wear for driving.

UPeopleSuck

I use Hoka One Bondi walking shoes... extremely extremely comfortable but pricey ($130.) Last about 6-8 months on me usually. They are a mix of leather/mesh but pretty breathable.

rod

Retired 22 years
I always wore a lower priced light weight (the lighter the weight the better)tennis shoe and put a good Dr.Scholls liner in it. I've never had any foot problems.

over9five

Staff member
Most shifters, even actual FT feeder drivers look like Gypos anyway.... only official uniform item they might wear is a ups ball cap or beanie... half of them haven’t shaved for days....
Lol, the otr guys are worse. I dont think they even bring a uniform with them!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Lol, the otr guys are worse. I dont think they even bring a uniform with them!
You are right....although I have seen a few of the younger guys who fuel at our location look pretty professional... but there are many who rock the sweat pants and adidas slides...

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
As we are heading into another Hot summer , and spring can be warn as well , I was just wondering what you fellow yard jockey/shifter/goat drivers use for shoes . Screw the company , I'm looking for something lightweight, breathable , slip on damn near a boat shoe . But any ideas and links would be appreciated. Something that could be worn with a "no show" sock and preferably a slip on , nothing tied tight with laces and loops . I'm all about comfort , screw all that safety mumbo jumbo , let's keep it real . TIA .
Loafer