short term disabilty

mikeb

tnbrown
Sunday I had an ATV accident and fractured my wrist. doc says i will be out for probably 6 weeks. this sucks because it is around the holidays and money is going to be tight. a coworker told me the union will pay out a ST disability benefit of about $250 a week. does anyone know if this is true?

Fnix

Sunday I had an ATV accident and fractured my wrist. doc says i will be out for probably 6 weeks. this sucks because it is around the holidays and money is going to be tight. a coworker told me the union will pay out a ST disability benefit of about $250 a week. does anyone know if this is true?

cant be otherwise everyone would go disability and make more then working

Big Babooba

Our local does. Call your union hall.

disneyworld

Here it is $600/week. I think I got $554 after FICA tax.

disneyworld

Are you sure you're not confused with Comp?

STdisbility is $250/week
Let me check-No, I'm not confused. I just got off disability in June. LTD through Metlife/UPS is $500 max right now but I think it will go up with the new contract. Perhaps it's different around the country based on cost of living-who knows.

WillieBrown

Just had knee surgery yesterday. I spoke with a std rep from disability. I asked how much disability would pay me. She replied with 63% of my base pay and 500.00 max

Cementups

Box Monkey
^^With such recent knee surgery, you probably shouldn't be digging up old threads like this. You already have a bad knee, you don't want to injure your back with all that shoveling.