Shot myself in the foot.

Raditude

Not a Brown Employee :'(
At my orientation and walkthrough, I shot myself in the foot. I told them I was planning on moving to Orlando in January, but they can't do transfers in the first year, so they refused to give me a second interview.

Guess I will be leaving the site. I wish you all, all the best.

brett636

I've known them to grant transfers before the first year. Where you messed up was telling them that was your plan before they invested all that money into training you.

diesel96

Good Luck Plaxico.....:gun_banda

BTW...Why don't you apply for the Holiday season at your present location. If selected, prove your ability as a good worker, and maybe you can use that experience as a reference if you re-apply at the Orlando Hub... Orlando has a fairly large operation going on there and rumor has it getting busier in 2011...

Nimnim

The Nim
Yeah, rumor in Orlando is we will be getting busier next year. I'm not sure how it'll affect our hiring, but atm we're paused waiting for peak hires I guess.

The working seasonal first probably wouldn't hurt your chances and at the very least it'll give you some extra money for moving.

I do discourage your choice of schooling though, very expensive for very little payoff.

brownedout

Good Luck Plaxico.....:gun_banda

BTW...Why don't you apply for the Holiday season at your present location. If selected, prove your ability as a good worker, and maybe you can use that experience as a reference if you re-apply at the Orlando Hub... Orlando has a fairly large operation going on there and rumor has it getting busier in 2011...

Love the Plaxico reference Diesel, couldn't help but think the same thing when I saw the thread title.