Should i or shouldn't i?

upschuck

Actually it is shocking to me.

No signing a bid is not equal to giving up your right to work every day.
One of the perks to commiting to a crap route, that the older guys were to entitled to take and work everyday.

Again, you never answered the question, why bid the route, then, if it means nothing?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Long story short, a guy quit and his route is up for bid, I am full time but only work as needed, its rare if i work more than 2 days a week at this point since im like 31 on seniority, and its clear no one wants his route.

Everyone i have talked to says it sucks or they are afraid of it, Its basically 80-130 stops in some mountains with lots of bad roads and chaining up in the winter.

So my question is, should i just man up and take it for the hours? I'm not here to work, I'm here to make money, there will be long days and days ill get stuck im sure, but i want hours and money, so i will probably see if they will give me the route tomorrow, its been put up for bid 3 times and no one has taken it yet, so my chances may be good. What do you guys think?
Bad weather? DR-mailbox! Take the route.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
One of the perks to commiting to a crap route, that the older guys were to entitled to take and work everyday.

Again, you never answered the question, why bid the route, then, if it means nothing?
It doesn't mean nothing. It means if you work you run that route.
Most young guys here bid routes not to work everyday but so that they know what they're running if they do work.

Why have seniority if it means nothing

upschuck

It doesn't mean nothing. It means if you work you run that route.
Most young guys here bid routes not to work everyday but so that they know what they're running if they do work.

Why have seniority if it means nothing
Why would anyone sign the crap routes?

You're blinded on this, not saying the same things over and over again. Good day.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Why would anyone sign the crap routes?

You're blinded on this, not saying the same things over and over again. Good day.

Most of our crap routes are giveaways. Force from the bottom.

And I told you why some guys bid them. Because they hate going out blind or not knowing what they're doing on a given day.

Dr.Brownz

And that is what I said

Like I have the time to read your post

edit: I went and read it and actually you didn't say that. I'm saying he will not work unless everyone else in seniority is working already. You said he will work over others with higher seniority because of his bid. It doesn't work like what you said here. We have the lowest guy with a horrible bid route but others take his route all the time because he is low seniority and only works 1 or 2 days a week.

upschuck

He can't be bumped off the route by someone with higher seniority on a day he is working. Days on which the dispatch doesn't get down to him, he will not work, and someone with higher seniority will do his route.
Ok, but not what the first one states

upschuck

He just failed to mention that it was conditional on him working that day. Probably assumed everyone understood that, and didn't think it necessary to write it out.
Not what he said, said he couldn't be bumped, when actually he is bumped every time he doesn't work.

Words have meaning.