Should It Come As A Surprise?

floridays

@59 Dano,
OK, here goes: it makes no sense to pay more for something than it is worth.
You used the term "worth", what a job is worth.

Is the job worth what a topped out employee is making, or the 75% less in payscale that a 10 year employee doing the same job is getting?

Is the topped out employee overpaid? Is the 10 year employee under or rightly paid?
Is a new employee off the street overpaid in relation to what a five or ten year employee is paid?

You offered the term "worth", I'm trying to firgure out exactly what that is. I'm trying to understand if sense is used when determining payrates, or if it is arbitrary.

I'm interested in the reasoning, maybe you can help me along.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
@59 Dano,

You used the term "worth", what a job is worth.

Is the job worth what a topped out employee is making, or the 75% less in payscale that a 10 year employee doing the same job is getting?

Is the topped out employee overpaid? Is the 10 year employee under or rightly paid?
Is a new employee off the street overpaid in relation to what a five or ten year employee is paid?

You offered the term "worth", I'm trying to firgure out exactly what that is. I'm trying to understand if sense is used when determining payrates, or if it is arbitrary.

I'm interested in the reasoning, maybe you can help me along.
Perhaps.

zeev

No union your worth what Amazon or Ground makes, union your worth UPS, Express is adjusting by never following through on their step program.