Show us the money APWA

krash

Go big orange
Where is your money coming from? Didn't yall claim total transparency? Who is financing APWA then? I know it isn't coming strictly from UPSers who have joined so don't even feed me that crap. Yall appear to renting a lot of spaces and hiring security thugs to throw out anyone with legitimate questions. 5 whole people showing up in Atlanta can't be a good sign on the overall membership. Would the financing be form organizations like:

NAWER?
Center for Union Facts?
[SIZE=-1]Adams, Nash, Haskell & Sheridan?
[/SIZE]Union Free America?
NAM?
Berman and Company?
Coalition for a Democratic Workplace? etc............

Maybe some other anti-union or non-union corporations? How about UPS?
Well.........................

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
They won't give the information you're asking for, Krash. Total transparency doesn't mean jack when it comes to such "ultra-secret/classified" information. -Rocky

krash

Go big orange
They won't give the information you're asking for, Krash. Total transparency doesn't mean jack when it comes to such "ultra-secret/classified" information. -Rocky
:lol::lol:
I hear ya brother. Hard to trust such a group that refuses to show where all the money is coming from to pay for these lawyers and such.

Cole

Rocky you seem to jump the fence quite a bit. Let's see, you refer to the Teamsters as "Reamsters"
Scab? I think not, sir. He was doing what his conscience demanded of him. I can't say I wouldn't do the same. If the Reamsters called a strike tomorrow, I would probably cross that picket line. Will you call me a scab for trying to feed myself, put myself through school AND be told to cease working by an organization that is not my employer?????? If my employer gives me a work order, you're d*mn right I'm going to follow it with a, "Yessir." Throwing rocks at me and threatening me for trying to earn a living is (or should be) a thing from the first quarter of last century.

Then openly say you would scab on a strike, and yet try to bash the APWA. Now I know you've been at UPS a whole 2 yrs. and know all there is to know, and have seen it all, or so you think in your youth, but I assure you there is plenty to be seen at UPS that will, or would shock you. I am not trying to be too hard on you as I know you're some what young, and in school, and I applaud that, and I hope you reach all your goals, and have a very blessed life, and I am not joking about that. To be fair if people knew what our pensions would be like today, our strike in 97, wouldn't have been as effective. I wouldn't have crossed, but many would have.

Nobody can fault the intent of the APWA as a result of the fiasco at CS, but they should release the info if they want real credibilty, rather than just looking like they're goal is to get us out of CS.

Krash, when did they come to Atl? Only 5 sounds like a very unorganized effort.

Rocky, again I am not trying to be too hard on you as you are being wise and getting a good education, so stick with it.

Cole

Brother Krash,

How do you know it was small if you weren't there? LOL I know your co-workers told you so, and I don't doubt it. Just wanted to make sure my avatar is on. Hmm hmm

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Rocky you seem to jump the fence quite a bit. Let's see, you refer to the Teamsters as "Reamsters"

Then openly say you would scab on a strike, and yet try to bash the APWA. Now I know you've been at UPS a whole 2 yrs. and know all there is to know, and have seen it all, or so you think in your youth, but I assure you there is plenty to be seen at UPS that will, or would shock you. I am not trying to be too hard on you as I know you're some what young, and in school, and I applaud that, and I hope you reach all your goals, and have a very blessed life, and I am not joking about that. To be fair if people knew what our pensions would be like today, our strike in 97, wouldn't have been as effective. I wouldn't have crossed, but many would have.

Rocky, again I am not trying to be too hard on you as you are being wise and getting a good education, so stick with it.

Cole,

I don't think I'm hopping the fence with my posts. Its not my intention to do so. I'm trying to stay studiously neutral in this one. I'm waiting for a solid reason to support either side. So far, I'm not getting one from APWA. The Teamsters are just threatening me with bodily harm if I cross their picket lines. As an employee of UPS, my ultimate loyalty lies with that organization. An officer of that entity signs my paycheck. Can you give me a reason to switch my loyalty to solely the Teamsters OR APWA??????? I have stated I would probably cross a picket line. I haven't stated I definitely would. That decision is between me, my conscience and a higher power. If a union or management individual were to ask me that question to my face, I'd ask them to go away. Its none of their business til I make that decision.

Not a lot shocks me, Cole. I may be young but I'm not stupid. My education was quite solid all the way. I had a number of excellent history instructors over the years and became a student of history. I also have this insatiable sense of curiousity. If I hear about something--even an obscure fact--I usually research it til I get more of the story. An example: did you know there were Iraqi troops at Normandy on D-Day?My memory is a little foggy on details off the top of my head. If you want those details, PM me and I'll see if I can find my sources again. Its been four or five years since I did this research and I forget where I heard it in the first place. It might have come from a textbook.

As to the current education, Cole...you'd be very hard pressed to find a higher quality graduate-level education in the Rocky Mountain West. I intend to stick with it. As a result, UPS and I will part company sometime in September. -Rocky

705red

Browncafe Steward
Brother Krash,

How do you know it was small if you weren't there? LOL I know your co-workers told you so, and I don't doubt it. Just wanted to make sure my avatar is on. Hmm hmm
Cole under ups discussions theres a thread about the meeting. It appears 5 guys showed up and 1 was a ba named higgie and they had him arrested for refusing to leave their meeting in the lobby of some hotel while sitting on baggage carts and eating kitchen leftovers as appetizers.( ok i threw in the last sentence about the food and seating)LOL

Cole

Can you give me a reason to switch my loyalty to solely the Teamsters OR APWA???????

I can only tell you my opinion, which is based on what I have seen etc...
Loyalty first to God, as I was taught, never put your faith in man, as he'll let you down most of the time. As to Teamster/mangmnt, you don't have to love one and hate the other, but should be cautious of both, and understand the rights/protections that we have are in our contract, negotiated on our behalves by the Teamsters.

Like Red has stated as a steward I have seen many instances of bogus discipline, and usually it's a manager that is trying to cover their own rears, and I have seen many lie and get even their own Sup's fired for doing as they told them to, then the center manager lied and said he knew nothing about it. I assure you as a steward I have seen alot of things the regular workers don't see nor know about. I am not painting all mngrs as bad, and all our guys as good, because we have had some that didn't deserve a good union paying job imho.

What are you majoring in?

I didn't know about any Iraqi's being at Normandy, I did know there was an SS division of Bosnians known as the "Dagger division" of The Grand Mufti of Jerusalem, Al- Haj- Husseini, who was a great friend of Hilters etc...Who was responsible for the deaths of many Hungarian Jews.

I didn't mention the APWA comparison as it's a moot point on the issue as our contract is with the Teamsters.

krash

Go big orange
Cole,
Yes, my brothers told me. There first Atlanta appearance netted even fewer.
I like the way you talk, umm hmm.

BCFan

What Krash is reporting is true and factual Skillman and Eason must be Born Again Idiots!!!! :thumbup1: BC (not billy club)

Cole

Did I tell ya I got a job working for Bill Cox's outfit? Hmm hmmm. I eat lots of potted meats, and french fried taters hmm hmm I reckin! 2 fellers were on a bridge one said it was cold, and one said it's deep too. I think one feller was from Arkansas. Get it?! Hmm hmm

Bill

Where is your money coming from? Didn't yall claim total transparency? Who is financing APWA then? I know it isn't coming strictly from UPSers who have joined so don't even feed me that crap. Yall appear to renting a lot of spaces and hiring security thugs to throw out anyone with legitimate questions. 5 whole people showing up in Atlanta can't be a good sign on the overall membership. Would the financing be form organizations like:

NAWER?
Center for Union Facts?
[SIZE=-1]Adams, Nash, Haskell & Sheridan?[/SIZE]
Union Free America?
NAM?
Berman and Company?
Coalition for a Democratic Workplace? etc............

Maybe some other anti-union or non-union corporations? How about UPS?
Well.........................
Let's talk about where the money is. I have the annual reports for the pension and health and welfare funds. In the past, I wrote about the pension corruption, but now you can add the health and welfare fund to the list. Schedule H, form 5500, year 2005, CS annual report, page 3 line i. professional fees: $278,623 investment advisory and management fees: $357,687 OTHER: $61,434,532 What are these other fees? Seems to me that they don't want us to know where the bulk of the administration fees are going.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Let's talk about where the money is. I have the annual reports for the pension and health and welfare funds. In the past, I wrote about the pension corruption, but now you can add the health and welfare fund to the list. Schedule H, form 5500, year 2005, CS annual report, page 3 line i. professional fees: $278,623 investment advisory and management fees: $357,687 OTHER: $61,434,532 What are these other fees? Seems to me that they don't want us to know where the bulk of the administration fees are going.
Where you planning on answering the serious question or just keep dodging the questions and showing numbers that you have to be an accountant to figure out. Right now your no better than the teamsters your accusing of the same!

Bill

Where you planning on answering the serious question or just keep dodging the questions and showing numbers that you have to be an accountant to figure out. Right now your no better than the teamsters your accusing of the same!
What is the serious question that you are referring to?

daytonupsfreightguy

freight relocation guru
The apwa really has the younger drivers in our service center bamboozeled,I cant get a straight answer from any of them on where this startup money is coming from.They are saying 150.00 initiation fee from each employee plus dues,well invested will entitle an employee to 1000.00 per month for every 5 years of service.I'm not buyin it,I think someone is hittin the crack pipe too much.Us older drivers have tried talking sense to these younger guys,but there 5-10 years expierence make them freight gurus

daytonupsfreightguy

freight relocation guru
I posted a reply but it dissapeared,theAPWA really has the younger guys in our barn bamboozeled.They are signing cards without thinking we are a small barn,and our freight can be delivered fron Columbus Cincinnatti,and toledo,but theses guys seem to know alot more than older drivers . Pipe dreams I say,the APWA is preaching nothing more than pipe dreams

Bill

I posted a reply but it dissapeared,theAPWA really has the younger guys in our barn bamboozeled.They are signing cards without thinking we are a small barn,and our freight can be delivered fron Columbus Cincinnatti,and toledo,but theses guys seem to know alot more than older drivers . Pipe dreams I say,the APWA is preaching nothing more than pipe dreams
What do you know regarding the APWA? If it is heresay from the Teamsters or anyone else, then do the research yourself. The APWA is offering a way out of the mess that the Teamsters created. The APWA has a plan, the Teamsters do not. Everyone will benefit under this plan, but the younger drivers will gain the most under the Apwa, and will lose the most under the Teamsters. This is not difficult to understand.