Shutdown UPS by command line

UPSGUY72

This thread is useless without pictures.
IMG_3592_m.jpg

Cementups

Box Monkey
1.penis

One of two things men keep after a divorce.
She got the house and the kids.
I kept my penis and my soul.

1.) A body organ used for urination, sexual pleasure, and for making important life desisions.
When I'm lost in this world, my penis always leads the way.
Penis
~The hopefully long, solid muscle that men have as a part of the reproduction process
~Something women can't live without
~Some refer to it as the PEN15 club
~
The life of a Penis
-Hangs around with 2 nuts all the time
-Next door neighbor is a real a**hole
-Has a head he can't think with
-An eye he can't see out of
-His best friend is a pu**y
-Everytime he gets excited he throws up
-And worst of all his owner beats him

Penis
The reason I haven't killed myself.
*hugs my penis*

Penis
something that has gotten a lot of men into trouble

6.Something most men wish were bigger.
Oh boy, an ad that says it can increase the size of my penis!!
penis
Contraction for pen is.
The penis mightier than the sword.

satellitedriver

Hi all,

I want to know about UPSes from American Power Conversion

I have a Smart-UPS RT 6000 XL connected with a Linux Server by network cable and a Network Management Card 2 AP9631.
I have too a Smart-UPS 3000 XL connected with another Linux Server by 940-0127E FCI cable (USB).

My whole system is based in Linux OS (Fedora).

My problem is: I want to know how I can, by command line (by terminal, shell), shutdown these two UPSes.
I've tried PowerChute, but PC Server and Console Edition run just in Windows, right?

By the way, i'd want a command that I could turn on the UPSes, after they be shutted down, just pressing the power button(by physical way).

Thank you all!!
(Sorry about my english, its very defective)

(I want to do this for protection's issues)
Your English is very defective.
This site is about UPS-(United Parcel Service
)-

S

splozi

If you really want to screw things up with linux, start messing with /etc; or, /etc/boot[.d]/; when you can't boot your system anymore from LILO or GRUB, then you know you're on to something; from there, reinstall takes a lot more time.

If you like that sort of thing, try Slackware.

Nah, Hiren's Boot CD or Super GRUB Disc to the rescue! If you're doing a dual boot of Linux/Windows, and you mess up grub, you can even get back into windows without an MBR.
Sadly, you find out these things after you've screwed up so many times.

Slackware is what I tried messing with 12 years ago (along with RedHat and BeOS [Now called Haiku]). Yeah, even today... no thanks. I hear it requires a lot of manual configuration, still.

curiousbrain

Nah, Hiren's Boot CD or Super GRUB Disc to the rescue! If you're doing a dual boot of Linux/Windows, and you mess up grub, you can even get back into windows without an MBR.
Sadly, you find out these things after you've screwed up so many times.

Slackware is what I tried messing with 12 years ago (along with RedHat and BeOS [Now called Haiku]). Yeah, even today... no thanks. I hear it requires a lot of manual configuration, still.

It does require a lot of manual configuration - [re]compiling programs, etc. But, if you like to learn random things whose importance and relevance is questionable, it is fun. Over the course of a year or so, that's how I learned GCC (and its associated tools), C/C++, shell scripting, and many other esoteric things.

As to the former point: yep, hooray for "live cd's" and boot disks.

May I point you in the direction of: SDF Public Access UNIX System; it is fun to play around on, and the novelty of a "supercomputer" is ... amusing.