Side Hustles

thaliloldsup

NE Division
How do you get your dealer license? I want to do that
Hehe I just got my general business license as buying/selling goods aka PART BY PART and will be selling privately (via Craigslist, FB, OfferUp etc) to get around having to get a dealer endorsement:happy-very: Since it won't be at a specific location too. Just wherever the buyers want to meet!

I hunt mushrooms up and down WA/OR during their respective seasons. These go to farmers markets or restaurants. I sell spores and photographs to mycology websites. Sometimes I'll sell spore photographs too.

Off spores alone I make about 3k last two weeks of Nov and again the last two weeks of Feb. Photographs go 100 a piece, and the further out I go for oddball species I'm thinking of raising rates to 250/per this year. The mountains aren't getting easier as I get older and not many others do it.

Really no overhead which is nice. In the right seasons I can live off berries and flowers and fungi, so no having to buy dinner. Typically I'll eat the ones that aren't "food safe" by Chef or market standards - which are super strict here and for good reason. Sometimes this means going from WA mountains to swoop back down to PDX and work my way up again. Walking is free. Only have to cover the gas.

Made 10k last fall while being a driver helper. It only took four trips to fulfill my spore orders and I went again to get a few hundred more on hand.

And no I don't do anything illegal.

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
I hunt mushrooms up and down WA/OR during their respective seasons. These go to farmers markets or restaurants. I sell spores and photographs to mycology websites. Sometimes I'll sell spore photographs too.

Off spores alone I make about 3k last two weeks of Nov and again the last two weeks of Feb. Photographs go 100 a piece, and the further out I go for oddball species I'm thinking of raising rates to 250/per this year. The mountains aren't getting easier as I get older and not many others do it.

Really no overhead which is nice. In the right seasons I can live off berries and flowers and fungi, so no having to buy dinner. Typically I'll eat the ones that aren't "food safe" by Chef or market standards - which are super strict here and for good reason. Sometimes this means going from WA mountains to swoop back down to PDX and work my way up again. Walking is free. Only have to cover the gas.

Made 10k last fall while being a driver helper. It only took four trips to fulfill my spore orders and I went again to get a few hundred more on hand.

Booooooo Look for the shrooms with the nice purple streaks They are the best

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n

I have to say, that is pretty cool. I can tell you love it, which makes it that much cooler. Glad you found something you like to do that happens to pay.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit

Wow that's something I've never heard of before. Very cool

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock

Will you sell me an 8th?

^ Drugs are bad mkay. I do it for the exercise, food, quick money, and travel. I'm really only at peace out in the woods or on the shore or in the pines. Been a horrible fall 2016 and spring 2017, but likely just means we get a bumper crop this year. Usually rotates that way.

TwoTokes - there are dozens species with "purple stripes" that grow in abundance. Perhaps you mean blue staining on fruitbodies from the oxidation of psilocybin into psilocin as it is exposed to heat water and air. You can accelerate the process using KaOH, or just know which ones to look for. If you run a fingernail across a stem and it doesn't bruise blue in fifteen minutes you've got the wrong ones.

Out here we have psilocybe ovoideocystidiata, psilocybe cyanescens, panaelous cyanescens, psilocybe semilanceata, psilocybe azurescens, panaelous cinctulus, psilocybe allenii, a wide variety of gymnopilus and a bunch of non-native psilocybes and some panaeolus that are being introduced by growers and people who establish patches.. alutecea, ps serbica.. bunch of European and Australian species as well as weilii and a couple others.

So purple streaks means nothing be careful what you eat folks :) for dinner or for fun.

rellek

When the wife and kids are asleep I make these!!!

And do very well.

Attachments

• 20170610_095830.jpg
    20170610_095830.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 186
  • 20170612_170724.jpg
    20170612_170724.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 156