Sign here

S

selfcancelsignal

State and city employees are the worst about signing. They all act afraid they might have to pay for the packages ( government - other people's money :P ) or they might do one bit of work more than anyone else.
Yes! Dealt w/ this all week on a coverage route. The younger secretaries were usually eager to help. The ones that've been there for years act so entitled, they won't even lift a finger, except to point you in a direction that makes no sense in their ridiculous maze of a building.

Sent from the 64GB US Cellular iPhone 5S of selfcancelsignal

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I am from the old school, I would NEVER accept an SDN at a business,,I don't care what they say,,never paid for a package !!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I am from the old school, I would NEVER accept an SDN at a business,,I don't care what they say,,never paid for a package !!
Accepting SDN's for business stops has been a routine and accepted practice in my building for the entire 26 years that I have been a driver.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Rainman

Its all good.
At construction sites I deliver only to manned trailer. If a sub contractor doesn't have a manned office trailer, I take it to the general contractor trailer. I don't go to the job site itself, tell them it is for safety reasons. Hard hats are not part of the official uniform. If no one is at the office trailer, CLO 1. I have never had an issue. I will not DR their stuff. They will usually come up with a viable alternative if this isn't good for them. This way the burden of coming up with something workable is on them.

SDNs have always been acceptable in our building. Now I try to push My Choice to get them to fill out an online signature release. Then I can just drop and go.

Sent using BrownCafe App

BigBrown609

When some schlub at the register tells me it's their policy that a manager sign for things I promptly inform them that's their policy, not UPS policy and I would be fine to refuse it if they don't want to sign for it. They sign.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Johnny Paycheck

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
When some schlub at the register tells me it's their policy that a manager sign for things I promptly inform them that's their policy, not UPS policy and I would be fine to refuse it if they don't want to sign for it. They sign.

Sent using BrownCafe App
I worked a register. I'd tell you it's no sweat off my balls what you do with it. Bullying a store clerk into disobeying their boss so you don't have to wait a few is pretty :censored2:ty.

Last edited:

BigBrown609

I worked a register. I'd tell you it's no sweat off my balls what you do with it. Bullying a store clerk into disobeying their boss so you don't have to wait a few is pretty :censored2:ty.

When I have 80+ businesses and two different trucks everyday I don't have that kind of time. Your boss trusts you with all the cash but can't trust you to sign for a poster to go in the front window lol? C'mon, man. And if you consider that bullying, I'd like to live in your candy coated world.

upsman68

Just buy a horn that plays La Cucaracha and people will come out of the construction job sites quickly

Sent using BrownCafe App

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I love it when the customer tries to be funny and asks "what if I sign Mickey Mouse?" I look them in the eye and tell them "I 'll just ask you how do spell your last name Mr. Mouse?"

oldngray

nowhere special
I love it when the customer tries to be funny and asks "what if I sign Mickey Mouse?" I look them in the eye and tell them "I 'll just ask you how do spell your last name Mr. Mouse?"

I had a customer who would constantly do that so instead of arguing with him I would just type in his real name when I clarified.

HomeDelivery

had a resi- sig required stop the oher day

dafaq!?!

as i'm filling out the info-notice, i'm saying, "FedEx, going once... FedEx going twice..."

THEN... the person opens the door

13866085.jpg

mdnj88

I had a customer who would constantly do that so instead of arguing with him I would just type in his real name when I clarified.

Haha, I've had this happen once. A group of guys working at a hardware store would always sign something ridiculous just to show off for one another. I never batted an eye and never gave them the satisfaction. I'd Always say "thanks, it's john right?"

Marne Vet

I have my issues in the hood getting people to answer the door and sign. Everyone thinks the cops are banging on their door, and that's what I hear all day long. "Man I thought-chi were da police!". ugh. "Why did you think I was the police sir/ma'am, and should I be concerned?" It doesn't bother me that much, but I have one jerk-off on the trip that always signs his name "Satan". Thinks he's being funny. I always type in "Jesus" and say "C'ya tomorrow Savior". He's a jackass, and I won't allow him the satisfaction of his stupid "Satan" signature. friend that guy.

AKupser

Ice Queen (Elsa)
I usually try to get the same person to sign every day. Its usually the person with the shortest last name. What's really irratating is when you can't find your usual contact and you hand the board to some sales weenie (usually male) and they say "Oh let's find Mary. She's the one that usually does this, " and then they take off with the board. What's the matter? Can't spell your last name?
That's too funny, I have a guy that has a name 32 letters long (Romanian I think) that starts with "S", I told him that from now on his name (for me) is Smith! He now calls me Jones.

OPTION3

I tell them," you can sign anything you want, you should see what I type in to clarify"---- usually ends the conversation

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I used to deliver to a Harley shop,,big arse tuff dude,(won him over with donuts) would come out to truck sign and carry his stuff in ...great guy !! I would never look at signature,just typed it in.....Till the day I got called to C.M 's office ....tuff dude would sign "friend" You everyday !! LOL !