Skilled Pay Question

tony051

I use to be a sorter but now im doing and unskilled job can they take my dollar away. I passsed all the sort tests and everything, i just dont sort anymore

Pollocknbrown

Were you up in the sort aisle long enough to recieve your dollar? if so, then no. If you hadn't recieved it then they can take something u never got.

Pollocknbrown

No, its yours to keep reguardless of the job they put you in. Atleast thats the way it works in my area.....check with your steward to confirm.

ogrelord

Ground Down
they took my dollar from when i moved from small sort to revenue recovery, but my postion is based out of tifton GA, and i work in FL. so i don't know if that had anything to do with it.

happy harry

they took my dollar from when i moved from small sort to revenue recovery, but my postion is based out of tifton GA, and i work in FL. so i don't know if that had anything to do with it.

Even if you transfer building you shouldn't be demoted in pay!

J

JonFrum

Re: Preloader/Sorter vs. All Others

Let's all agree to stop referring to that "extra dollar" as Skilled Pay. There is no mention of Skilled Pay or Skilled Jobs in the Contract. It is insulting to all the Other workers to imply that they are unskilled.

I realize UPS' electronic time clock lists part-time jobs as skilled and unskilled, but that's their business. Shame on them. We don't have to absorb their mindset. All jobs are skilled, some more than others. As a part-timer, I did lots of jobs that required quite a bit of skill, but wern't even eligible for the "extra dollar."

[It so happens I was hired long before part-time wages were slashed in May of 1882, and the "extra dollar" divide-and-conquer nonsense was introduced. So the "extra dollar" issue didn't apply to me. But that's beside the point.]

Just preparing early for the upcomming Mother-Of-All-Contract-Battles in 2013!

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Sometimes UPS does not volunteer the $1.00 . I know a person who was sorting for a year without the sort raise . I had to fight three months for mine 10 years ago. Spread the word make sure everyone knows about the higher rate and what it takes to get it.

tieguy

Banned

Let's all agree to stop referring to that "extra dollar" as Skilled Pay. There is no mention of Skilled Pay or Skilled Jobs in the Contract. It is insulting to all the Other workers to imply that they are unskilled.

I realize UPS' electronic time clock lists part-time jobs as skilled and unskilled, but that's their business. Shame on them. We don't have to absorb their mindset. All jobs are skilled, some more than others. As a part-timer, I did lots of jobs that required quite a bit of skill, but wern't even eligible for the "extra dollar."

[It so happens I was hired long before part-time wages were slashed in May of 1882, and the "extra dollar" divide-and-conquer nonsense was introduced. So the "extra dollar" issue didn't apply to me. But that's beside the point.]

Just preparing early for the upcomming Mother-Of-All-Contract-Battles in 2013!

there are also many skilled posters here who have shown reverence for cheryls message board by becoming registered members.

then there are unskilled posters who basically piss on this board by posting anonymously.

happy harry

there are also many skilled posters here who have shown reverence for cheryls message board by becoming registered members.

then there are unskilled posters who basically piss on this board by posting anonymously.

LOL...... I love when people post anonymous just to see your response. I really do get a kick out of it.

happy harry

Sometimes UPS does not volunteer the $1.00 . I know a person who was sorting for a year without the sort raise . I had to fight three months for mine 10 years ago. Spread the word make sure everyone knows about the higher rate and what it takes to get it.

The sorter should get retroactive pay from the day he/she passed the sort test or the first day they were sorting which ever came first.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
The sorter should get retroactive pay from the day he/she passed the sort test or the first day they were sorting which ever came first.
Did it in my case. The steward and the sorter in the year case did not fight for the retro. Thats one of the reasons I became a steward.

trickpony1

Tie-
Let's get hypothetical here for a moment.....can you get hypothetical?
Let's say that the company just exceedingly didn't like a certain poster because of the dissident opinions voiced. The company took steps to subpoena the dissident's IP address and, subsequently, filed charges and won an award (fine, prison time, shot at dawn for crimes against humanity....whatever).
Do you think we, the BrownCafe visitors, would ever find out about it? Probably not.
JonFrum has a right to post anon. If someone else posts using Jon's name, as has happened before, and degrades Jon's usual informative, classic style then that's Jon's problem.
I think Jon is being precautious and probably has seen what the company can/has done to dissidents.
It's a free country. Leave Jon alone.

Just to trip your trigger, I might start posting anon.

tieguy

Banned

Tie-
Let's get hypothetical here for a moment.....can you get hypothetical?
Let's say that the company just exceedingly didn't like a certain poster because of the dissident opinions voiced. The company took steps to subpoena the dissident's IP address and, subsequently, filed charges and won an award (fine, prison time, shot at dawn for crimes against humanity....whatever).
Do you think we, the BrownCafe visitors, would ever find out about it? Probably not.
JonFrum has a right to post anon.

And I have a right to point out that he is pissing on cheryls hard work when he does so.

If someone else posts using Jon's name, as has happened before, and degrades Jon's usual informative, classic style then that's Jon's problem.
I think Jon is being precautious and probably has seen what the company can/has done to dissidents.
It's a free country. Leave Jon alone.

leave tieguys right to point out jon is prostituting this site and pissing on cheryls hard work.

I have a better idea trick lets all start posting anonymously as jonfrum.