So do part timers get a vote????????

huskervi

! was told today we have a meeting on Sunday and thats when they are voting on the contract. I thought someone said on here part timers do not get a vote. Someone at work today told me we do get to vote. ????????????

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
You are probably having a meeting to explain the contract to you. The voting will be done by mail, not at your Local. If you are a Part Timer and a union member, you will be eligible to vote. The Ballots haven't been mailed yet.

F

Former Member

As I've said before.....

Part timers could RUN this union AND decide this contract if they weren't so apathetic.

Damok

As I've said before.....

Part timers could RUN this union AND decide this contract if they weren't so apathetic.

Most of the part-timers I know say they don't plan to be here long enough for it to matter, or they are in school and it's just for the money or something along those lines. They have, in their minds, no vested interest in a vote.

I agree though, it's a darn shame.

Braveheart

Part timers who are in the union get to vote!!!!!

Vote yes or no on how you feel this contract effects you!!!

ZERO NEW 22.3 COMBO FULL TIME JOBS

3 AND 1/2 HOUR GUARANTEE WEAKER

ZERO CATCH UP RAISES

ZERO IMPROVEMENTS TO THE AIR DRIVER PROGRESSION

JUST AS HARD IF NOT HARDER FOR COVER DRIVERS TO GET PROMOTED

UPS STILL ALLOWED TO ABUSE HELPER LANGUAGE INSTEAD OF USING PTRS/CVRDRVRS

Read the whole contract before you vote!!!

B

bama-partimer

i am a partimer. they are having a meeting but for some reason it is scheduled at a time where reload and most drivers cant make it to it. i asked about having it to where we could make it and they said no.

Fighting4yourRights

Heavy Weight
As I've said before.....

I was just wondering...it sounds like the voting is done by mail as opposed to being required to drive somewhere, stand in line, show identification and vote (which is annoying as hell)? So why won't part-timers and many full timers, even with little vested interest, simply check a "yes" or "no" box and drop the item in the mail?

There must be something greater than disinterest preventing folks from voting...it's just too simple to vote otherwise....Can someone learn me a thing or two about the voting process....and why more folks might not vote?

Captain America

SuperDAD to the rescue
There must be something greater than disinterest preventing folks from voting...it's just too simple to vote otherwise....Can someone learn me a thing or two about the voting process....and why more folks might not vote?[/quote]

My ballot has always had the return adress on the back looking like the send to adress. I have gotten my ballot returned to me with insufficient postage because USPS didn't scan all six... I mean two sides. Now I put slashes across my adress but leave it ledgible. The Post Master at the teeny tiny office on my rural route showed me that.:thumbup1:

Last edited:

Mystakilla

Who the *$#@ cares.
The ballots are mailed out, got mine today and if you are a dues paying member you get to vote on the contract.

The form looks like the one thats my avatar, the only thing you have to do is mark the "NO" boxes on each ballot, national and supplement. :biggrin:

Then, you place the ballots in the "Secret Ballot Envelope" then put that envelope in the postage paid envelope that also came with the ballots. They want everything to be secretive ya know! I dont think they will even count them though in this contracts case. The deal is sealed.

But anyhow, after your done with both ballots and placed them in the secret envelope and put that in env. in the postage paid envelope drop it in the mailbox cause it needs back by November 16th, 2007 to be counted.