so Maine settled for less on the courts Vs Ground...

HomeDelivery

mainegrounddriver, how much of the settlement you'll be getting? nuthin? since the 1st sentence implied FedEx Home Delivery only...

http://www.mondaq.com/unitedstates/x/302220/employment litigation tribunals/FedEx Ground Settles Drivers Independent Contractor Misclassification Case in Maine for 58 Million

it's a relatively small state vs the rest of the nation, but
$4.7 Million spread out to 141 drivers classified as independent contractors by FedEx Ground will receive the settlement (+ $1.9 million for lawyers' fees)

that's a small chunk of change & i guess they have to sift through the "hours of service" that each driver had sometimes falsify as their on-duty/off-duty times to get proper payment...

There were seven named plaintiffs, but only two of the seven signed the settlement agreement, arguing that the amount being paid by FedEx Ground should have been even more substantial.

so, only 7 HD contractors went in to the class action lawsuit? now they have targets on their backs, except for those 2 who took the settlement & got a sock in their mouths to shut up about it...

just stirrin' the pot:congrats:

i'm a bit surprised since maine is part of the ISP-restructuring (supposed to protect Ground from such lawsuits, right?

---------------------------------------------

"In 2009, FedEx Ground introduced a new contractor business model in New Hampshire and Maryland that strengthens the company’s long-standing tradition of contracting with independent business owners. The Independent Service Provider (ISP) Model officially launched in New Hampshire on May 30, 2009, when more than 30 small businesses or ISPs contracted with FedEx Ground to provide Pickup and Delivery services throughout the state.

Since its initial launch in New Hampshire, the ISP Model has been launched in Maryland, Tennessee, Rhode Island, Vermont, Massachusetts, Montana, Minnesota, Illinois, Connecticut, Maine, Missouri, Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota, Delaware and Mississippi. Today, more than 900 ISPs in these states are operating as part of the FedEx Ground contractor network." (from their Ground Biz site)

Last edited:

MaineGroundDriver

HomeDelivery .. I have no clue what this is about .. I'm just a driver .. oh and we don't have Home Delivery up here, it's all lumped in together, I deliver H and G all day long ..