Social Security raise.

rod

Retired 22 years
My wife got her new statement today for 2023 that raises SS by 8.7%. With Medicare going up over a hundred bucks a month she now gets $22 less a month than last year. The furder ahead you get the behinder you go.

542thruNthru

My wife got her new statement today for 2023 that raises SS by 8.7%. With Medicare going up over a hundred bucks a month she now gets $22 less a month than last year. The furder ahead you get the behinder you go.
You've lived long enough. Stop leeching off society. :)

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
My part D went down $20+ because they changed the tier pricing ( Silver Script) . Our part B didn't go up much at all . We choose Aetna because of the spouse discount and they were the most stable as far as increases. The 8.7% was pretty healthy since I am still working 3-4 days a week and still paying in .I just went passed the cap last paycheck.

Pkgrunner

Till I Collapse
I see the problem now. We make too much money. You have to make less than $97,000 a year to get the cheap rate. We are into the over $100,000 class by a long shot. Oh well --grease up.
Good to know since I am on the cusp of getting those golden handcuffs unlocked...Pension alone at age 60 should be in the 75- 80k range.

Pkgrunner

Till I Collapse
Just have to figure out Insurance for my dependent disabled adult child once I qualify for Medicare.... We have a Special needs trust set up for him, and he qualifies for medi-cal, but he is still covered under current 542/ 177 teamsters insurance while I am still working

rod

Retired 22 years
Just have to figure out Insurance for my dependent disabled adult child once I qualify for Medicare.... We have a Special needs trust set up for him, and he qualifies for medi-cal, but he is still covered under current 542/ 177 teamsters insurance while I am still working
Believe me—once you retire and hit 65 the Teamsters want nothing to do with you. Basically the day you retire they want you dead and off the books. :-)

Pkgrunner

Till I Collapse
Believe me—once you retire and hit 65 the Teamsters want nothing to do with you. Basically the day you retire they want you dead and off the books. :-)
Yeah...I already learned that over the years...UPS wants to be done with us before we retire...LOL