Software change

Packmule

So, has anyone else noticed that the software in the diad has changed regarding missed pkgs? The former D soft key is now blank here. Had a misload business 2 weeks ago I couldn't get back to town for. I'd been off a few days and figured when I tried to sheet it as missed they had some kind of method change when I was off. Sheeted it as NI1 cause I had no idea what else to do and got a warning letter for that. I'd explained all this to them two weeks ago and they still did this.
Even the OC who served it told me to grieve it. I did, but all beware: missed is now under other and number 1. Don't big arrow past it!

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
I'm still upset they took away "need directions" as if that would make it appear we never need directions.

Packmule

Missed here has been under other then page down, option c as long as I can remember.
C is EC here. D was missed. Now that's changed with no heads up from mgt. so tell me where you moved it and I'll go with it. Just throwing a warning letter is crap. Even my OC didn't know it had changed.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
So, has anyone else noticed that the software in the diad has changed regarding missed pkgs? The former D soft key is now blank here. Had a misload business 2 weeks ago I couldn't get back to town for. I'd been off a few days and figured when I tried to sheet it as missed they had some kind of method change when I was off. Sheeted it as NI1 cause I had no idea what else to do and got a warning letter for that. I'd explained all this to them two weeks ago and they still did this.
Even the OC who served it told me to grieve it. I did, but all beware: missed is now under other and number 1. Don't big arrow past it!

You are fortunate that a warning letter is all that you received. What would possess you to do that?

Packmule

You are fortunate that a warning letter is all that you received. What would possess you to do that?
Maybe because the have a procedure change every week around here and they have a contractual obligation to notify us of any policy AND technology changes in a timely basis. Imagine my surprise when even my OC didn't know it changed. It was also after hours so anyone in my building that should have known was gone home.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Here we have a new software change that just changed 2 weeks ago that allows a shipper to specify a delivery point where the diad asks a question "are you at PhotoStudio" or "Are you at FrontDesk" and you cant get off the screen without selecting yes which is prepopulated. This is obnoxious and forces us to falsely record things as often there is no front desk etc.

Sent from Droid 4 using Brown Cafe mobile app

Packmule

Nothing surprises me anymore. So what happens if they decide you should have found the non existent front desk? Warning letters, or do they ever admit one size does not fit all?

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Here we have a new software change that just changed 2 weeks ago that allows a shipper to specify a delivery point where the diad asks a question "are you at PhotoStudio" or "Are you at FrontDesk" and you cant get off the screen without selecting yes which is prepopulated. This is obnoxious and forces us to falsely record things as often there is no front desk etc.

Had this issue come up last week. Delivering paychecks to a residence and DIAD prompts me to deliver to front desk. Entered DR Front Door and when attempting to complete the stop DIAD will not let you unless you enter yes for left at front desk. Called my supervisor and was instructed to just answer yes and go on with my day. Typed Front Door in remarks column and completed stop. Someone in a cubicle does not exist in the real world.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Had this issue come up last week. Delivering paychecks to a residence and DIAD prompts me to deliver to front desk. Entered DR Front Door and when attempting to complete the stop DIAD will not let you unless you enter yes for left at front desk. Called my supervisor and was instructed to just answer yes and go on with my day. Typed Front Door in remarks column and completed stop. Someone in a cubicle does not exist in the real world.
Exactly

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Walmart does this with their pharmacy deliveries.

Amazon allows residential customers to specify delivery location.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Walmart does this with their pharmacy deliveries.

Amazon allows residential customers to specify delivery location.
My choice allows anyone to specify delivery location from any shipper. I have a QVC Queen that decided to use it. Now I have to hit yes on each package and she gets 10 a day.

wayfair

swollen member
My choice allows anyone to specify delivery location from any shipper. I have a QVC Queen that decided to use it. Now I have to hit yes on each package and she gets 10 a day.

I've gotta customer on my route that lives in an apartment, 1st floor, and has gotten mychoice... diad tells me to DR to her patio. The patio faces the parking lot right outside her sliding glass door. I explained to her that it wasn't a good idea to do that. I told her the package's would probably walk away before I even got back to the PC

UPSGUY72

What is the other section differs from area to area and building to building. In my area there are three building and I have worked in all three and what in the other section is different in each building...

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

I am glad you brought this up. I'm going to talk to our steward tomorrow.