Solar panels , here are some interesting facts that you won't hear !!!

DriverNerd

That sounds like a conservative spun article. Solar panel output in Europe is having record output and causing the main reactors to have to work less. I would imagine* that without that generation they might have a serious strain on their electrical grid. Solar panels are less efficient at high temperatures, but they're still putting out lots of electricity at 100F. As for their "huge amount of failures", I haven't seen any numbers or actual articles on this, just vague "they're failing in the heat" articles.

*I'm not an engineer or expert so it's only an educated guess.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
That sounds like a conservative spun article. Solar panel output in Europe is having record output and causing the main reactors to have to work less. I would imagine* that without that generation they might have a serious strain on their electrical grid. Solar panels are less efficient at high temperatures, but they're still putting out lots of electricity at 100F. As for their "huge amount of failures", I haven't seen any numbers or actual articles on this, just vague "they're failing in the heat" articles.

Maybe you should research it for us.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Yes, they become less efficient as the heat goes up. Expansion and contraction also limit their life span. A simple cooling system installed on them would help increase efficiency and life span.

vantexan

Germany is turning back to coal to meet their needs as Russia is unreliable and they aren't getting near enough from renewables. You also have to take into account where in Europe for solar. Sunny Spain will do better than Scandinavia.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Qunicy MA had a house roof fire yesterday.
Cause by the solar panel
Damages were isolated to the area under the solar panels.

Excess heat and creosote covered fiberglass shingles don't mix. A metal roof is the way to go.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Qunicy MA had a house roof fire yesterday.
Cause by the solar panel
Damages were isolated to the area under the solar panels.
Why aren’t house catching fire in Az? 112 degrees, solar panels everywhere.