Some post offices not delivering sure post till parcels after christmas...

onehandsolo

Several post offices that my center services have started to shrink wrap sure post packages and our saying they will not be delevired until after the holidays... How will all of this play out? and will UPS be held accountable by the shippers or will they realize that the usps is not a dependable way to ship xmas gifts?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our liability ends when the USPS employee signs our DIAD.

I would think (hope) that their performance during Peak will be a negotiating point when it comes time to renew SurePost contracts.

barnyard

KTM rider
They would have to be doing the same with FedEx packages also. If not UPS should be able to sue for damages.

If they are doing the same thing with FedEx packages and shippers hear about it enough, maybe the marketplace will eliminate surepost and smartpost. It would add a couple routes in my center.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
I was told the post office negotiated the right to not deliver any of the sure/smart post packages during the week before Christmas, when the contracts were signed for the new services.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
They wonder why they are going broke. We bring it 90% of the way and they can't take it the last bit in a timely manner. Chances are almost certain that they are already going to these houses so sort time is really all that's needed.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I was told the post office negotiated the right to not deliver any of the sure/smart post packages during the week before Christmas, when the contracts were signed for the new services.

Not sure I would buy into this 88. Maybe a wink and a nod but not in the contract.

cino321

They wonder why they are going broke. We bring it 90% of the way and they can't take it the last bit in a timely manner. Chances are almost certain that they are already going to these houses so sort time is really all that's needed.

Look at the pace they work at, it's the most insufficient system ever. If you have one of these on your route or have delivered to one, next time you're there look at the employees that are working and how fast they are not moving, absolutely no sense of urgency! UPSer's are programmed to move at a rate and be productive and multitask.

Also look at their dispatches. At the post offices I've delivered to, all the package car routes make 3 trips. Once for express mail (sort of like NDA, I think it's time committed), then they come back and grab bags of mail to distribute to mail boxes so mail men/women can grab them when they are walking their routes, and then they come back again to for parcels and finally distribute that.