Somebody Get a Rope!

wkmac

NEW YORK - Oil prices shot up more than $11 to a new record above $139 Friday after Morgan Stanley predicted prices would hit $150 by the Fourth of July. The unprecedented jump is all but certain to drive gas prices well past the $4 mark in the coming weeks.

This is the same outfit that convinced our illustrious corp. leaders to take our company public. Ain't there a 2 strikes law in effect that grants the death penalty?

:happy-very:

brett636

I thought they were going bankrupt not that long ago. Whoever listens to that group of scam artists get what they deserve. Its too bad we have to suffer in the meantime. :(

wkmac

I thought they were going bankrupt not that long ago. Whoever listens to that group of scam artists get what they deserve. Its too bad we have to suffer in the meantime. :(

They were going bankrupt. The cleaned up yesterday on oil futures!
:happy-very: or I guess we should be crying.

On a serious note, I saw this morning where they said this should translate to about 25 cents per gallon extra at the pump so we'll see. Be interesting to see if this holds on Monday or what. I do expect a little backtrack but who knows.

I've heard a couple of Pters at work talking about quiting as the cost of gas to and from work is not worth the extra income. If this thing goes much higher it could become a real issue in some parts if it's not already.

A friend of mine the other week told me at one time a $20 would buy gas for his lawn tractor and a case of beer to boot. Now the $20 only covers the gas and the beer is extra! to quote him, "Who do I have to kill as you don't mess with a man's beer!"

Have a good weekend!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Just hearing some $$$ folks this morning on TV and several mentioned they thought oil would be back down in the $90's soon. The question I have is, How soon is soon ??

wkmac

Just hearing some $$$ folks this morning on TV and several mentioned they thought oil would be back down in the $90's soon. The question I have is, How soon is soon ??

OK More asked the question "How soon is soon??

Answer: Not Soon Enough!

I was watching some financial discussions on TV about market forces and yesterday's oil prices came up. These folks said that the markets were flat early and that some domestic economic reports came up that cause stocks to drop a bit along with the dollar and that gold and oil had creeped up just a bit. No real bigger. But then an Israeli offical made a comment designed more so for local consumption with political posturing and the markets took it as signal of forboding problems and the rest as they say is history or maybe it should be His-teria. :wink2:

OK, I take back what I said about Morgan Stanley. But on the otherhand, when I think about UPS going public I'll stick to the rope!
:biting:

And I get so :biting: everytime I think where my stock would be now had we not gone public!