Something wrong here?

raceanoncr

What's wrong with this picture? OK, besides the big different colored tractor. A driver from my old hub posted this on another account. Do you see it? Yeah, a longer than legal combination in the UPS yard. Yes, this IS our yard.

Yes, it is legal in many states, but NOT THIS ONE. In fact, from the north, you have to travel at least 100 miles in just a "double 28" state to get here. From the south, you have to travel about 100 miles in just a "double 28" state to get here. From the west, you have to travel about 500 miles in just a "double 28" state just to get here. From the east, you can't get here at all with this combo.

In talking to the driver, he said that a state trooper even passed him without incident.

Now, my question is this: Do you think UPS was aware of this? My answer is a definite YES! It used to be here, HERE, that management didn't even ask contractors if they had "doubles/triples" endorsement. Their attitude was, "Once it gets out this gate, as long as it's not OUR drivers, we don't care".

Anyway, what if DOT would have been so P***ed, they would have confiscated the trailers? Think it can't happen?

You damn right UPS knew about this. Oh, well, another case of safety first and following all the rules.
ups.jpg

Catatonic

Nine Lives
What's wrong with this picture?
Now, my question is this: Do you think UPS was aware of this? My answer is a definite YES! It used to be here, HERE, that management didn't even ask contractors if they had "doubles/triples" endorsement. Their attitude was, "Once it gets out this gate, as long as it's not OUR drivers, we don't care".
OK.
A contractor.
Same old, same old.

Is that a 40 footer and a 28?

What's wrong with this picture? OK, besides the big different colored tractor. A driver from my old hub posted this on another account. Do you see it? Yeah, a longer than legal combination in the UPS yard. Yes, this IS our yard.

Yes, it is legal in many states, but NOT THIS ONE. In fact, from the north, you have to travel at least 100 miles in just a "double 28" state to get here. From the south, you have to travel about 100 miles in just a "double 28" state to get here. From the west, you have to travel about 500 miles in just a "double 28" state just to get here. From the east, you can't get here at all with this combo.

In talking to the driver, he said that a state trooper even passed him without incident.

Anyway, what if DOT would have been so P***ed, they would have confiscated the trailers? Think it can't happen?

You damn right UPS knew about this. Oh, well, another case of safety first and following all the rules. View attachment 10710
That's hilarious

OK.
A contractor.
Same old, same old.

Is that a 40 footer and a 28?

That looks every bit a 53'.

I stopped a contractor today who was getting ready to move one of our trailers and pointed out to him that the two outer rear tires on his twin screw tractor were flat and off the bead of the rim. He asked if he could still take the trailer. Go with God I told him.

oldngray

nowhere special
That looks every bit a 53'.

I stopped a contractor today who was getting ready to move one of our trailers and pointed out to him that the two outer rear tires on his twin screw tractor were flat and off the bead of the rim. He asked if he could still take the trailer. Go with God I told him.

Did it seem like English was his native language?

barnyard

KTM rider
I knew an O/O that used to haul trailers for us during peak. He said that it was the more profitable time of the year for him.

On reflection that front box would be a 48' as that's the biggest I know we have here that has a pintle hook on the back. Unless we have bigger in the system.

Either way UPS mgmnt had full knowledge of what they sent out the gate.

raceanoncr

I don't think it would happen.

They'd be much more happier dealing out the fines and tickets, and then being on their merry way.

Maybe, maybe not. Let me recount an incident I was in on first hand here:

A new, "take-off-running" manager that just got his new "badge" thought he was gonna knock the earth off it's axis. A nearby DOT scale/inspection station randomly pulled in one of our sets for inspect. Long story short, violations and hold on equp, resulting in missing sort. This new "God-complex" mangler CALLED the scale and said (and I hear this directly), "You can't do this! Do you know who we are? This is NOT going to happen again, do you HEAR me?"

Now, do I have to tell you what happened next? That whole summer, the back lot of the scale was filled with UPS tractor/trailers getting inspected, many missing the sorts.

So, WILL they confiscate equip? Maybe not. CAN they confiscate equip? Would YOU want to take that chance?

iowa boy

According to the FNN around where I am, this gypsy drove from Cedar Rapids with this one. All the way across the state of Iowa and no one said a word to him.

Johney

I gotta call BS on this pic. Unless this was taken when he was dropping this load. Surely not before he left the yard.

raceanoncr

I gotta call BS on this pic. Unless this was taken when he was dropping this load. Surely not before he left the yard.

OK, I ain't gonna belabor the pic or the point. This was inbound at our yard, which is not legal for this combo. The shifter, my friend, spotted him rasslin this thing into the yard, which is barely big enough for a set of 28s. This is north staging, which is all contractors are allowed to go here.

Yes, he IS dropping the load. In THIS yard! Whatdya think? He came IN this way. He's now getting rid of the load. And he's gonna LEAVE. With what? I don't know.

You and anybody else can call BS on this pic. I don't care. I don't make things up and my buddy, taking this pic, doesn't either. I have better things to do.

Johney

OK, I ain't gonna belabor the pic or the point. This was inbound at our yard, which is not legal for this combo. The shifter, my friend, spotted him rasslin this thing into the yard, which is barely big enough for a set of 28s. This is north staging, which is all contractors are allowed to go here.

Yes, he IS dropping the load. In THIS yard! Whatdya think? He came IN this way. He's now getting rid of the load. And he's gonna LEAVE. With what? I don't know.

You and anybody else can call BS on this pic. I don't care. I don't make things up and my buddy, taking this pic, doesn't either. I have better things to do.
Ok,Man relax I just noticed some things that made me question it that's all. Your friend is pretty quick with his phone/camera that's all. Landing gear down,hoses disconnected yet no one around? For an illegal set-up this guy should have been long gone. As close as he is to the building yet perfectly straight,trailer beside him I'm just saying looks staged. I'm sure I'm wrong, just looks staged.