Soo, how much is this???

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
K, I inherited a FedEx logo boxtruck cutaway, and the backup monitor was incorrectly mounted to the dashboard...

sketch-1516664832037.png

So I'm done my errands and chores on my day off & the sun is still out... gonna tackle this issue NOW!

sketch-1516664026814.png

Found these neat anchor bolts in my garage... hmmmm

Drilled the extra hole on the mounting plate... 3 points of contact,yo!

Dancing to this training video, I reamed 3 holes in the headliner...

DSC_0015.JPG

The hardest part of the project was to shove the bolts in far enough to open the toggle flaps & catch the backside of the headliner

sketch-1516664915977.png

And that's now intuitive / ergonomic to look up and view the backup camera as I back that thang up customers' driveways

So how much to charge my investors?!?

Attachments

• DSC_0015.JPG
    DSC_0015.JPG
    134.5 KB · Views: 136

OrioN

How long before it rips it out of the headliner?
A looooooooooooooooooooooong time.... that's why I used 3 points of contact. The toggles are rated for drywall and stone walls.

LED monitor, not the older style cathode ray tube monitors that I still see on some older step vans

images.jpeg

Those black n white monitors sucked in comparison to the thing LED color displays of today's package delivery cars

OrioN

Normally, I would put something stiffer to the backside, but there's something solid plastic behind the flimsy headliner in that area... other options / upgrade to this gmc will have a cubby hole for sunglasses or something there ~ the area where"Ta dah!" Is where a storage shelf and map lights are installed on premium gmc models...

Of course, I have the basic one with hand crank windows

Edit: found it!
images (1).jpeg

So there's something meaty behind thurr for the toggle flaps to bite into...

Last edited:

Star B

White Lightening
our isuzu box trucks have them mounted down low because if you mounted them high you'd restrict visability and knock your head on them.

Last edited:

fedx

Extra Large Package
K, I inherited a FedEx logo boxtruck cutaway, and the backup monitor was incorrectly mounted to the dashboard...

View attachment 177057

So I'm done my errands and chores on my day off & the sun is still out... gonna tackle this issue NOW!

View attachment 177059

Found these neat anchor bolts in my garage... hmmmm

Drilled the extra hole on the mounting plate... 3 points of contact,yo!

Dancing to this training video, I reamed 3 holes in the headliner...

View attachment 177063

The hardest part of the project was to shove the bolts in far enough to open the toggle flaps & catch the backside of the headliner

View attachment 177065

And that's now intuitive / ergonomic to look up and view the backup camera as I back that thang up customers' driveways

So how much to charge my investors?!?
That UPS video is funny. They are trying to make it "hip and trendy" by playing hip hop music in the background and the guy at the end says "bro". I can just imagine if the cameras weren't on and some guy told that bro guy that he wasn't using the steps right. I imagine a big :censored2: mind your own business response would really be what you'd hear.

OrioN

our isuzu box trucks have them mounted down low because if you mounted them high you'd restrict visability and knock your head on them.
Your Isuzu dashboard seems lower than the gmc I'm in... I can't see my wiper blades in my vehicle at all.

The gmc dashboard top is just below my Adams Apple, so I had to mount it high in this case.

it's working great since it's located where the original rear view mirror is... the metal mount is still glued to the windshield.

OrioN

Thanks for proving my point with the dashboard height... I've driven them for ground too. Sucks for residential stops but good for commercial docks and FedEx office bulk pickups

Had to remind myself with the vehicle height; sitting in that cab feels lower than the cargo box