Speed issue on dirt, gravel secondary roads

UPSmechanicinblue

What is it around the country for how fast should , how fast do you drive, and or do they recommend you drive on non pavement roads? I know it varies with wash board, loose gravel, open area, hills etc, Drivers have been told max speed is 55 here in Michigan, Center team says 35mph is to slow. I know it's 35mph for some trucks when weight restrictions are on in Michigan but that is a short time. Just looking for input from others to share with the drivers on good answers to tell management when issue comes up. We know if you where going 55 and an accident occurred it would be traveling to fast for conditions. Thanks

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
What is it around the country for how fast should , how fast do you drive, and or do they recommend you drive on non pavement roads? I know it varies with wash board, loose gravel, open area, hills etc, Drivers have been told max speed is 55 here in Michigan, Center team says 35mph is to slow. I know it's 35mph for some trucks when weight restrictions are on in Michigan but that is a short time. Just looking for input from others to share with the drivers on good answers to tell management when issue comes up. We know if you where going 55 and an accident occurred it would be traveling to fast for conditions. Thanks

I had a dip:censored2: ORS try to pull that BS on me once he says you’re driving too slow in the country. I said actually I’am going above the speed limit what else ya got
He says no the speed limit is 55 I said no it’s not let’s call the sheriffs office and find out me: what’s the speed limit on rock roads that are maintained in the county sherif deputy: 35 mph me: what about unmaintained Sheriif deputy: driver discretion Me: Anything else you want to talk about before I clock out Supe walks away

Nah
Drive it like you stole it. On all roads.

Emergency Conditions

I've never been told anything regarding vehicle speed beyond simply making adjustments for conditions. Many of my roads are so rough that they'll rattle the wheels off if you tried to go too fast regardless so if anything management probably wishes I'd actually drive faster lol.

rod

Retired 22 years
In Mn. if a country road don't have a posted speed limit it is 55mph. I live off of one of those. It used to be posted at 30 mph but I convinced the Town Board that was too slow so they took the sign down.

PT Car Washer

In Mn. if a country road don't have a posted speed limit it is 55mph. I live off of one of those. It used to be posted at 30 mph but I convinced the Town Board that was too slow so they took the sign down.
How's the dust. Or do you pay to have the soybean oil spread on the road in front of your property? Really seems to help.

rod

Retired 22 years
How's the dust. Or do you pay to have the soybean oil spread on the road in front of your property? Really seems to help.
The 55 mph road is an asphalt road. If fact the Township just repaved it a couple years ago. It makes for a nice dragstrip. I do live off of it on a private Class 5 road maintained by us 4 neighbors. Dust is no problem. Nobody speeds down it. We are all retired---no hurry to get anywhere.

DOK

I keep it at a maximum 10 mph above the posted speed limit