Starlink

Commercial Inside Release

Nope. But, I was planning on signing up... Until a hacker recently demonstrated they can run a "man in the middle" attack, with only $25 worth the parts. This means they are probably going to recall all the equipment, and depending on how that goes, service will be degraded.

Then, like all things Musk, there are complaints and court dates for:
The satellites being in the way
Light pollution from the satellites (for dweebie stargazers)
The law against portable satellite broadband
The constantly increasing price
The constant unforseen problems
The speeds not being near what was advertised
Customer support issues with billing
Connectivity problems due to entitled Musk fanboys that try to connect in idiotic locations, and tie up tech support, forever...

There's probably more.

vantexan

Nope. But, I was planning on signing up... Until a hacker recently demonstrated they can run a "man in the middle" attack, with only $25 worth the parts. This means they are probably going to recall all the equipment, and depending on how that goes, service will be degraded.

Then, like all things Musk, there are complaints and court dates for:
The satellites being in the way
Light pollution from the satellites (for dweebie stargazers)
The law against portable satellite broadband
The constantly increasing price
The constant unforseen problems
The speeds not being near what was advertised
Customer support issues with billing
Connectivity problems due to entitled Musk fanboys that try to connect in idiotic locations, and tie up tech support, forever...

There's probably more.
I follow a bunch of RVers and off gridders who have Starlink. They love it. If you're in a very rural area with no other options it's worth every penny.

Commercial Inside Release

I follow a bunch of RVers and off gridders who have Starlink. They love it. If you're in a very rural area with no other options it's worth every penny.
That's what I thought, too.
After hearing the Tesla sales pitch, I thought that again...

Bottom line, I still don't have either, and Tesla execs are quietly dumping stock for a reason...

(And it's not the Twitter deal.)

vantexan

That's what I thought, too.
After hearing the Tesla sales pitch, I thought that again...

Bottom line, I still don't have either, and Tesla execs are quietly dumping stock for a reason...

(And it's not the Twitter deal.)
Starlink in heavily populated areas with a lot of users has the same issues that cellphone users experience with cell towers with a lot of traffic. But in lightly populated areas it works very well. As long as you have the dish in an open area not blocked by tall trees or steep mountains. This from dozens of users who do have the service.