Staying/Getting Fit As A Delivery Driver: On Topic Please

trickpony1

I start each day with a quart of PowerAde Zero

You might want to read the ingredients of this product.
I'm guessing there is a high content of High Fructose Corn Syrup. Some people believe HFCS is nasty, unhealthy stuff.

I start most mornings with a glass of reverse osmosis water with a whole lemon freshly squeezed infused. It's much healthier, no calories and no chemicals.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
I'm guessing there is a high content of High Fructose Corn Syrup. Some people believe HFCS is nasty, unhealthy stuff.

I start most mornings with a glass of reverse osmosis water with a whole lemon freshly squeezed infused. It's much healthier, no calories and no chemicals.

I start each morning with black coffee, and transition straight into Co-Cola.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I start each day with a quart of PowerAde Zero
You guessed wrong monkey breath.
Powerade Zero = Zero calories
Zero Calories = No GFCS

BTW - My own research has shown there is little if any difference between HFCS and Cane Sugar ... except price.
Neither is good for you.

Peppermint Patty

Cardboard Pusher
My fitness pal is great... keeps you on point throughout the day. I try to meal prep for the week for me and the family. Consistency is key. I let my kids have sugar and ice cream on occasion but real food and veggies 90% of the time. I don't know how you guys drink soda and eat fast food while on route. I pack fruits and veggies and drink water all day.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Wow! Some of you eat healthy. I drink a cup of coffee before work. For lunch break during the summer I eat a razzle. Which is like a blizzard from dairy queen. Chocolate ice cream with peanut butter cups mixed in it. Then eat a normal dinner. Winter about 4 cups of coffee. With bagels or a muffin/danish. 6'5/ 230

Peppermint Patty

Cardboard Pusher
When you eat real and whole foods you can eat so much without wasting all your calories on one meal. I can't eat like that while on route especially in the summer the heat makes me less hungry.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
This......thread....... baffles ...me. Really in 30 years in a big hub I can barely count 10 fat dudes....
It's possible to eat, and be very unhealthy, and not be a "fat" person. Also, many studies have shown that just a few extra pounds can greatly increase health risks.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
I have battle weight almost my entire adult life. It was a blessing that I got this job when I did as the weight just melted off me. Then I fell into the trap of eating crap(carbs) for that instant energy while delivering college apartments. After years of eating that way and trying every fad diet I found myself overweight and the "chubby" UPS man.
Then my daughter convinced me to try Ketosis. It is a strict low carb diet(20 or less) and basically your body turns to stored fat to produce energy instead of carbs. Now, I am at a much more healthy weight and I have much more energy. I eat a lot more protein(Quest bars) in my diet and have found that my energy level is consistent throughout the day. No more spikes and crashes.

rss13

I have battle weight almost my entire adult life. It was a blessing that I got this job when I did as the weight just melted off me. Then I fell into the trap of eating crap(carbs) for that instant energy while delivering college apartments. After years of eating that way and trying every fad diet I found myself overweight and the "chubby" UPS man.
Then my daughter convinced me to try Ketosis. It is a strict low carb diet(20 or less) and basically your body turns to stored fat to produce energy instead of carbs. Now, I am at a much more healthy weight and I have much more energy. I eat a lot more protein(Quest bars) in my diet and have found that my energy level is consistent throughout the day. No more spikes and crashes.
Same here gman. My diet is very similar to Keto. I love it and it has made losing weight and eating healthy so easy.

oldupsman

To me it was always about when you ate. All the years I worked in package I always has a huge breakfast.
I would actually eat dinner at 6 in the morning before going to work. And by dinner I mean dinner.
Stuffed pork chops with mashed potatoes and green beans. A huge bowl of pasta and meatballs. A steak and
a salad. Chicken parm with sausage. I had no problem eating just about anything in the morning.

Then a traditional lunch. But that would be about 2 in the afternoon. Anything from a huge sandwich,tuna chicken, reuben, you name it to a chef salad.
Again a good sized meal. All the water I could drink all day.

Most nights I didn't get home until 8 to 10. And all I would eat would be maybe an apple or orange if anything.
Maybe a piece of celery with peanut butter. Never ate at night, couldn't sleep on a full stomach.

I pretty much eat the same way now.