Stock Price

R

robonono

I continue to thank Bear Sterns for their timely recommendation. Nice runup for the past week! How about today - ~$62.70, up ~$1.35.

Maybe their $80 price is going to happen!!

W

wkmac

robo,
Yesterday's share price increase was a pleasant surprise but many read into this that something positive took place with the contract. Not saying this isn't the situation (I don't know) but I think what we are seeing right now is some investors want a low risk investment with a management they can trust. With all the various CEO's, etc. in legal trouble and the fallout from bad accounting practices, investors see UPS as a safe, tried and true place to park their investment money. Add to this that many see good quality stable earnings ahead and you have the parts in place for share price increase. There are some negatives but right now out balanced by the positives. The Morgan Stanley survey was a positive also but I'd still like to see us crack into the 9's on those catagories. Take care.

mac

M

moreluck

:happy: The market took a sharp dive and UPS stock was able to keep it's head above water. That's incredible!!

W

wkmac

The one thing that amazes me is this time last year you had a number of nay-sayers predicting UPS in the toilet about now because of the contract. Well we currently are right at our 52 week high and yesterday for a moment we went past it to a high of $63 and then fell back but still in positive territory. I'll be the very first to completely admit if we drop the ball with this contract, more than share price will be lost and we all will suffer. UPS isn't the best investment on the block but I'll bet there are a whole slew of Dot Com, Technology and other investors who lost their shirts over the last couple of years who would have done anything to have had their money in a slow safe turtle like UPS. Let's get this contract behind us and kick some FedEx Ass!

mac