Stolen DIAD

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
5j90fx.jpg

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I love when I get my last stop off and the green light comes on. Nope not reading it, I’m driving back. I arrive at center and read it, “Can you take 30 stops off ___“ to which I simply respond, “Back at center.”
Been there, done that! 😂

Dazbuff

Definitely the most bizarre thing to happen in my career at UPS. I was in the cargo area of my truck sorting with the bulkhead door open when some tweaker jumped in the cab and snatched my DIAD right out of the cradle then took off running. This dude was FAST! All I saw was a blur in the corner of my eye and by the time I got out of the truck this idiot was sprinting around a corner, DIAD in hand. What the… WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO WITH THAT?! You fool!

I don’t get paid to chase meth addicts around on foot, I didn’t even bother driving around looking for him. Called center, told them what happened. “Okay stay where you are, we will handle it.” Uh what?! Does this ever even happen? How the hell are you going to handle it?

About a half hour later a cop pulls up behind me. I’m thinking, great now I have to explain this Mickey Mouse BS to him. Nope. He walks up and hands me the DIAD. “You should probably keep a better eye on this.” How did you get it so fast? Okay whatever, back to work.

Still not sure how they were able to track him down that quick. I know the board must have some kind of GPS or something in it but the communication between dispatch and the police had to be difficult. They caught the dude, turns out he’s a regular down at the county lockup and he’s going back for a nice visit. Anyway, just thought I’d share this ridiculous story with you all.
Thank God we no longer accept cash for c.o.d.s. not that that’s even a problem anymore. Lol.