Straight time pay on New Year’s Eve.

Saca La

What is it?
So I was checking my time card and noticed I didn’t make as much as I did when I worked on thanksgiving eve. I did the math and I only got paid straight time. Now I went ahead and asked a steward first before I went upstairs to the center manager. He told me that with the new contract, if we only deliver airs that day (which we did) that it’s only straight time pay. Then another driver told me that you don’t get time and a half if your a 22.4 or reg temp. Which I’m not. Then someone told me that if I volunteer to work. That I don’t get time and a half. Which I didn’t volunteer. I was forced.

So I went ahead and read through the contract on my break and I didn’t find anything that said about no time in a half if it’s airs. Nothing about 22.4 or volunteering. But I did find the section where it says we get time and a half on a Holiday.

Im going to write a grievance when I get back to the center today. I was just wondering how much of a case do I have going here. Also I worked 8 hrs that day if it matters.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
So I was checking my time card and noticed I didn’t make as much as I did when I worked on thanksgiving eve. I did the math and I only got paid straight time. Now I went ahead and asked a steward first before I went upstairs to the center manager. He told me that with the new contract, if we only deliver airs that day (which we did) that it’s only straight time pay. Then another driver told me that you don’t get time and a half if your a 22.4 or reg temp. Which I’m not. Then someone told me that if I volunteer to work. That I don’t get time and a half. Which I didn’t volunteer. I was forced.
So I went ahead and read through the contract on my break and I didn’t find anything that said about no time in a half if it’s airs. Nothing about 22.4 or volunteering. But I did find the section where it says we get time and a half on a Holiday.

Im going to write a grievance when I get back to the center today. I was just wondering how much of a case do I have going here. Also I worked 8 hrs that day if it matters.

Are you an air driver or regular? Have you a year of seniority? What does your supplement say? Where are you at.

Lots of questions, very little details.

Last edited:

542thruNthru

Are you a 22.4 or a RPCD?

I believe the reason you were paid straight time in my opinion is because you were coded as a Air Driver. Air drivers only get OT if over 40 hours or over 8.
Screenshot_20200102-112121_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

If you are a 22.4 or a RPCD you shouldn't have been coded as a Air driver.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge

yes

Saca La

What is it?
I am not a 22.4 and I am also not a air driver. I am a RPCD. Bid on a route that I got and I am currently doing. I am on the seniority list.

I talked to the shop steward again and we both sat down at lunch time and read the contract about holidays and in the contract it says time and a half. Steward told me he would write out a grievance for me when I get back to the building.

Also I am in the Atlantic Area supplement

rod

Retired 22 years

I would tell you exactly how much of a case you have for your grievance but first I have to clear it with @scooby0048 and @542thruNthru because they run this show now :-)