Straight time pay on New Year’s Eve.

Bob11B

I talked to a steward about this same issue today. I am a RPCD, Monday thru Friday. This steward is new so he said he was going to make a phone call today and find out. A supervisor claimed, you’re Mon-Fri that’s why you got straight time. I’m not taking his word for it. For what it is worth, I did have a few ground packages on my truck (three that I delivered).
I was under the assumption that NYE is like Black Friday, a working holiday...so time and a half. Any other insight? Southern supplement

Saca La

What is it?
So should I wait to get a paycheck to fill out a grievance or should I fill one out tomorrow?

What I was going to do was talk to the center manager tomorow morning and let him know that I didn’t get time and a half on NYE. If he gives me some bullsh1t then I’ll just fill out the grievance

542thruNthru

So should I wait to get a paycheck to fill out a grievance or should I fill one out tomorrow?

What I was going to do was talk to the center manager tomorow morning and let him know that I didn’t get time and a half on NYE. If he gives me some bullsh1t then I’ll just fill out the grievance

Tell center manager you don't believe you were paid right and he should fix it.

When you recieve your paycheck and it's wrong tell center manager you were not paid right and want it to be fixed in 2 days.

When 2 days is up. File a grievance and ask for penalty pay.

Saca La

What is it?
Tell center manager you don't believe you were paid right and he should fix it.

When you recieve your paycheck and it's wrong tell center manager you were not paid right and want it to be fixed in 2 days.

When 2 days is up. File a grievance and ask for penalty pay.

This is the advice I am looking for. Thank you kind sir

Bob11B

So I was checking my time card and noticed I didn’t make as much as I did when I worked on thanksgiving eve. I did the math and I only got paid straight time. Now I went ahead and asked a steward first before I went upstairs to the center manager. He told me that with the new contract, if we only deliver airs that day (which we did) that it’s only straight time pay. Then another driver told me that you don’t get time and a half if your a 22.4 or reg temp. Which I’m not. Then someone told me that if I volunteer to work. That I don’t get time and a half. Which I didn’t volunteer. I was forced.

So I went ahead and read through the contract on my break and I didn’t find anything that said about no time in a half if it’s airs. Nothing about 22.4 or volunteering. But I did find the section where it says we get time and a half on a Holiday.

Im going to write a grievance when I get back to the center today. I was just wondering how much of a case do I have going here. Also I worked 8 hrs that day if it matters.
I can’t seem to find anything specific for holiday pay...i just searched through 200 pages of the contract and southern supplement. Can you send a link to what you found?

charm299

I talked to a steward about this same issue today. I am a RPCD, Monday thru Friday. This steward is new so he said he was going to make a phone call today and find out. A supervisor claimed, you’re Mon-Fri that’s why you got straight time. I’m not taking his word for it. For what it is worth, I did have a few ground packages on my truck (three that I delivered).
I was under the assumption that NYE is like Black Friday, a working holiday...so time and a half. Any other insight? Southern supplement
In the southern supplement, it is holiday pay plus double time on working holiday

542thruNthru

Where did you find this? Link? Screenshot?

Screenshot_20200102-185329_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

DOK

Could it be something so simple is having your center manager change the pay code to the correct paycode for that day? In the past I can recall the paycode being different for working on a holiday, good luck.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I am not a 22.4 and I am also not a air driver. I am a RPCD. Bid on a route that I got and I am currently doing. I am on the seniority list.

I talked to the shop steward again and we both sat down at lunch time and read the contract about holidays and in the contract it says time and a half. Steward told me he would write out a grievance for me when I get back to the building.

Also I am in the Atlantic Area supplement
Atlantic is definitely time and a half for all hours worked, also doesn't matter whether you volunteer or not. I would probably hold off on the grievance until you talk to your center manager.

Saca La

What is it?
Yea I talked to the center manager last week and he said if the paycheck still came out short he would fix it. This morning the check was fixed. Good.

MattE

That's interesting. I'll let those that worked in my center know this. I work preload and this came up last year. I didn't work it but other did and were unhappy the only got straight pay. They talked to the steward, but they were told that NYE is a voluntary holiday. So if you choose to work, you got straight pay (plus 4 hrs holiday pay if you've been there a year). They also said the only way to get time and a half was if they didn't get enough volunteers and were made to come in. Then those people would get time and half for time worked, plus the 4 hours holiday pay. I was happy to stay home and get the 4 hours holiday. But I'm also happy to get time and half and might have volunteered. Nah. Probably not. haha