Sunday delivery?!

T

trouble1903

When did FexEx start delivering in Sundays?
To say the least I was a bit taken back when I opened the door this afternoon and watched the Ground service pulling away.

O

over9five

Hmmm.... It would be interesting to track it and see if it was scheduled for Friday. Let us know.

D

deliver_man

Was the the regular ground truck, or the fedex home delivery truck?

I

isguy

Trouble,
Was your area hit with any of the snowstorms that nailed the northeast? Sounds like a contractor making up for lost time on Friday and Saturday.

T

trouble1903

Fedex ground delivery, the one the the green lettering and no tracking label that I could find. The storm hit us mid to late Friday afternoon. Shouldn't have put them that far behind to try and deliver today.

But has anyone heard any word of them thinking about delivering on Sunday? I know a few years ago I heard that UPS was thinking about it.

W

wily_old_vet

fdx express was doing Sunday deliveries but I don't know if they still do. It was probably one of the ground contactors who didn't want to be out in the snow Friday, Seeing as they don't have to get signatures for business pkgs they probably waited for the weather to clear.

T

trouble1903

I got a tracking number from the shipper and it wasn't scheduled to be delivered until today, Tuesday.

I can tell you one thing, I don't like their tracking system. I tracked a package one time after receiving the number from the vendor. Well the first and only scan they showed was the day it was picked up. Even after it was delivered that was the only info they had on it.